Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking very nice.
Do you plan to include audio / podcasts into the media gallery? I have separate sections for audio, video and images.

I notice that if you unselect all attachment types, like in a top level category, it still shows the add media button which of course errors out. Also subcategory attachments don't show in the main category. So perhaps it needs a "top level category" choice that will not allow attachments and will display items from it's subs.

I notice that if you unselect all attachment types, like in a top level category, it still shows the add media button which of course errors out. Also subcategory attachments don't show in the main category. So perhaps it needs a "top level category" choice that will not allow attachments and will display items from it's subs.

This will be addressed in 1.2, which will be out soon.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-media-gallery-paid.49067/page-14#post-536877

Chris,

Is there any direct upload video options?

If not, the only other way that I can think of is setup a video script that
allows uploads, then then take the embed code over to the gallery and shows
the video on the gallery via embed code from my own video script, but how do
you connect the two so when you get ready to upload to the gallery, it gives
you the embed code, then the member is really uploading to my video site, of course
all the other upload options would be available to the uploader also...

Thanks

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xen-media-gallery-paid.49067/page-12#post-534035

If you can create a BB Code Media Site for it then it can be added.
That would work for off site files. My audio files and some of my video files are uploaded to my site. Over time off site hosted files just kept disappearing, so we upload files where possible.
Is a direct upload function included or planned?

If so: is it easy for mobile users to upload their photos and videos?

If not sure, then maybe have an option to disable direct upload (if needed) I know full featured tube scripts that
can be used to upload directly, then use the embed code to show video into the gallery....

Direct upload for video has been suggested and is planned, not sure about other file formats.

That would be great, then it would be just reverse; then once the video is uploaded into
the gallery, then from there, i could take the embed code then embed so I can show
XF gallery videos into my tube site so it can have videos also as the idea is for people
to take the embed code from the gallery and spread around to other sites....

update: maybe short url options also to provide options to shorten
the embed video url, so people for those that need to use the full url
for other tube sites, then then short url for those that maybe just want
to insert the emed url into a forum or something like that....

As Brogan says: The feature is planned. And it will allow all formats, not just video.

I have to ask?
Where is the Xen Media Gallery moderation Queue?

Recently I upgraded to 1.1.2. My users uploaded and they disappeared. I did some database checking and script checking.

The uploads are going as "moderated". If I set the bitflag in the database from "moderated" to "visible", it would be visible.

You need to set the permissions correctly.

There is a Xen Media Gallery permission called "Follow media moderation rules". Set this to allow.

The Moderation Queue is the same Moderation Queue for posts and other content. It's in the very top moderator bar where the link to your Admin CP is. You can approve these media items in there too.

Please check out version 1.2.0 of Xen Media Gallery now running at http://xenmediagallery.com

Here's a summary of most of the new features and fixes:

• Much improved thumbnail generation
  • Cache rebuilder to handle thumbnail recreation
  • Cache rebuilder to handle user media count recounting
  • Extension of "What's New" to include "New Media" as well as "New Threads"
  • Mark Media Viewed (or mark current category as viewed)
  • Search media items (media title, description and caption) from search
  • Contextual search on media pages (search media only, search this category only etc.)
  • Latest Comments block
  • Top Contributors block
  • Completely from scrach rewrite of the thumbnail container (updated HTML and CSS)
  • Fully customisable thumbnail container using Style Properties
  • Thumbnail container now resizes automatically based on the content within it and the thumbnail dimensions set in the Options.
  • New alert for when your media is rated
  • Ability for your members to completely customise which alerts they receive
  • Different behaviour with regards to the Add Media button
  • Image previews now show in Recent Activity
  • Adds option to display New Media block on forum list (off by default)
  • Various DataWriter fixes
  • Small performance and bug fixes
Hope you enjoy :)
The estimated release date for Version 1.2.0 will be Monday 13th May.

Sounds like an impressive update! Any word on a roadmap for importers for xenmedio and xfr useralbums?

Also they blocks you mention, are those for XenPorta, or standalone blocks for the media add on?

Great work Chris!

Can't do the importers until the add on has user albums. Which will be worked on next.

They are just for the gallery and hooked in using template hooks.

Chris Deeming updated Xen Media Gallery with a new update entry:

Massive Update!

Apologies for the vague update title, here's a full run-down of everything new and improved in this version:
  • Much improved thumbnail generation
  • Cache rebuilder to handle thumbnail recreation
  • Cache rebuilder to handle user media count recounting
  • Extension of "What's New" to include "New Media" as well as "New Threads"
  • Mark Media Viewed (or mark current category as viewed)
  • Search media items (media title, description and caption) from search
  • Contextual search on media pages (search media only, search this category only etc.)
  • Latest Comments block
  • Top Contributors block
  • Completely from scrach rewrite of the thumbnail container (updated HTML and CSS)
  • Fully customisable thumbnail container using Style Properties
  • Thumbnail container now resizes automatically based on the content within it and the thumbnail dimensions set in the Options.
  • New alert for when your media is rated
  • Ability for your members to completely customise which alerts they receive
  • Different behaviour with regards to the Add Media button
  • Image previews now show in Recent Activity
  • Adds option to display New Media block on forum list (off by default)
  • Various DataWriter fixes
  • Small performance and bug fixes
  • Different positions for new media block
  • Option to show recent media block instead of new media block
  • Added open graph meta data to media view pages
IMPORTANT:
After upgrading, due to a number of CSS updates and fixes, and the new way that the size of thumbnails is customisable, you may experience non-optimal appearance of your gallery pages.
Ensure you make the following changes:
  1. In Admin CP > Options > Xen Media Gallery > Set the thumbnail size to an appropriate size. For reference, the default is 200px and http://xenmediagallery.com is running at 195px.
  2. Adjust the number of media items per page accordingly. This has changed as you can now customise different per page values on different pages.
  3. Play with the new Style Properties, specifically the thumbnail related ones where you can toggle certain thumbnail elements and adjust things like spacing. The spacing between thumbs and padding can help you adjust the optimal images per row for your style.
  4. Go to Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches and Rebuild Thumbnails. This is especially important if you have changed your thumbnail settings in the options as described in point 1. This is potentially a very memory and processor intensive process. Keep the processing per page to be around 10. Each image that has been uploaded is cropped into a square and then resized to the thumbnail dimension set in the options. Be prepared for it to take some time.
  5. Although not related to appearance, please ensure you rebuild the Media search data. 1.2.0 supports full integration with Search so this won't work until you go to Admin CP > Tools > Rebuild Caches > Search: Media

It's starting to be interesting to consider it and worth of the price. Thanks for your work !
Still waiting the user albums personally though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom