Xen Media Gallery (Media Gallery for XenForo) [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recommend any portal systems. I use XenPorta on one of my sites. I haven't had a chance to investigate others yet.

can everyone conclude this is the best video gallery for xF?
It may be the only one, i dunno, thats why I am asking....

Most likely it will super gallery with the work Chris been putting in it . Various features as per users suggestions which seems to make it great.

I guess everyone cant be wrong... :)

From briefly checking out the demo site, this is what I have noticed right off the bat....

1: The video was a small box, there was nothing obvious that jumps out at me so i
could open up the video into a larger format for better viewing....

2: The link at the top of the video goes back to youtube, and in my opinion, the link
should go back to the gallery where the video is, otherwise, I would pretty much feel
that I am going to funnel users back to youtube, the video was placed in the gallery
via youtubes embed code? now the video is showing in the gallery, so why
would i want to place a link back to youtube via the video title? The video
title/link should point right back to that video in the gallery....

so am i missing the point in this?

The small box you refer to is a preview, much like the image thumbnails are previews of an image. There is a setting to turn video previews off.

The link you refer to and the whole thumbnail is basically this:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An embedded video. You can see the link above too.

If you turn video previews off then the video can't be played it just clicks through to the full media page. With video previews on, you get to the full page by clicking the title of the media.

You know best....
still very good gallery no doubt...
may get this very soon....

Thanks

The small box you refer to is a preview, much like the image thumbnails are previews of an image. There is a setting to turn video previews off.

If you turn video previews off then the video can't be played it just clicks through to the full media page. With video previews on, you get to the full page by clicking the title of the media.

are you able to control image/video sizes between the gallery home page, and the actual image/video page?
nodoubt you want a smaller image/video to show on the gallery home, then want to see bigger image/video
on the output once you click into the image/video area.

Might be a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the option to turn previews off. Can someone please assist me?

All templates (with only a few exceptions) start with xengallery_ then if it's a XenForo template it extends then it will be prefixed with the name of that template so it will be xengallery_forum_list_* for the templates you need.

When I edit that template will it be overwritten by the next update?

No but it might be marked as outdated if I update that template.

In which case you would need to revert the template then add your customisations back in. XenForo 1.2's new template merge stuff will be really useful and make template editing and add on updating much more painless.

When I edit that template will it be overwritten by the next update?
What I would add, actually, is if the gallery block doesn't quite match the style of your node list then it's more likely that you can achieve what you want using CSS added to EXTRA.css.

That way you don't edit any templates and upgrades won't affect it.

Chris Deeming updated Xen Media Gallery with a new update entry:

Various improvements

Xen Media Gallery 1.2.3 is now ready for download and contains the following fixes and improvements:
  • Ability to restrict the New/Random Media block to specific categories.
  • The last thumbnail appearing in the New/Random media block has a class assigned to it with the name "lastThumbnailContainer". This may help you achieve better alignment of images in this container.
  • Resolves an error with Mark Media Viewed if there is no Media to mark viewed.
  • Fixed an issue where entries...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom