Wrong and Right

Adam Howard

If you knew that it no longer mattered if you did right or wrong, nothing would change. Imagine that no matter what you said or did, you would still be thought of the same, treated the same, and still face the same outcome regardless of your action or inaction.

Would there be a difference?

And if the only difference was that you knew the difference, for how long would that matter .... Knowing that the outcome would be the same forever?

It still mattes. I have to live with what I TRIED to do.

What others think is only important as a decider on what to do, for the weak.
The outcome can be unsatoppable but you have to TRY.
Because it does really happen that it SEEMS like it makes no difference. But then it does.

This is because reality is far m,ore complicated than our minds. We imagine all we can what will affect the outcome. But then there will be extra things that arrive we did not expect.

I have seen this happen many times. You can never 100% make a plan that x=coves all the possibilities. This can be good when it seemed you were trapped.
It can also be awful when things seemed good then they unexpectedly throw up something yuck.

This is why the best art to learn is to adapt. To shapechange. (Celtic lore.)

I have had to deal with this myself. I found that I was unable to correct people's perceptions about me. I was always having to defend myself and getting nowhere with it. So I decided to ignore the issue and leave people to their perceptions. I was also taught by my massage lady that our perceptions say more about us than they do about their subjects. That has helped me to not take responsibility for the perceptions of others.

So my advice is to ignore what other people think.

While believing in ones own self value (self worth) is important. It does not however address the question in that in our modern world as you could think very highly of yourself and have complete faith in what you do, but it will not stop the will of others imposing and effect your life on some level, even with you ignoring it in ignorant bliss.

Now assume that it did not matter what you did or did not do in life and the outcome would be the same forever... ie... You were either going to be forever blessed or forever damned regardless of how right or wrong you were or good or bad you were.

And if the only difference was that you knew the difference, for how long would that matter .... Knowing that the outcome would be the same forever?

Whether others think what I'm doing is wrong or disapprove is meaningless - unless they have the real power to stop me doing what I want.
So it's not their ideas that matte but how much real power they have.

For example I'm now fighting a big organisation for my son's sake.
To fight them I study how to appear the way that will soothe them. Polite, reasonable, understanding, all that.
I don't REALLY care what they think. I just need to twist their heads so they'll get out my way.

People I respect means I don't have to do all that mush of pretending stuff to get round them. I can be straight and they are strong and decent enough to cope.

vVv it's a classic pattern that if a parent keeps throwing you messages all the time that you're rubbish it WILL affect you and cut your self respect. It's powerful because as a child or young person we have much less "armour" so those nasty messages soak into us instead of sliding off.
You can fight through it, gradually. You can. I did it. Thousands and thousands like you are doing it.
Remember he looked a fool on the toilet like everyone does.
He probably had a father did the same to him so he automatically does the same. (We learn by copying family.) Silly scared little man.
Just keep telling that guy in your head he's an idiot - happily using bad words about him
Begin to LAUGH at him. That's the best medicine.

If you knew that it no longer mattered if you did right or wrong, nothing would change. Imagine that no matter what you said or did, you would still be thought of the same, treated the same, and still face the same outcome regardless of your action or inaction.

Everyone has to live with what they themselves do. I have to live with my decisions, not what others did. If I do wrong, I will know that I did wrong. Maybe wrong will give me immediate gain in the short term, but I will live through the knowledge of what I did for the rest of my life. Morality is absolute, it is not a variable. What is right does not change because times or culture change.

To answer your question, Yes there is always a difference. Because right and wrong are not variables. And even if only you know the difference in a particular situation, you will never know if outcome will always be the same. We do not have foreknowledge of the future, and life has an amazing capacity to surprise. It's never instant but there is always changes in outcomes. Else, our world would be mechanical, and human beings nothing but machines.

Everyone has to live with what they themselves do. I have to live with my decisions, not what others did. If I do wrong, I will know that I did wrong. Maybe wrong will give me immediate gain in the short term, but I will live through the knowledge of what I did for the rest of my life. Morality is absolute, it is not a variable. What is right does not change because times or culture change.

To answer your question, Yes there is always a difference. Because right and wrong are not variables. And even if only you know the difference in a particular situation, you will never know if outcome will always be the same. We do not have foreknowledge of the future, and life has an amazing capacity to surprise. It's never instant but there is always changes in outcomes. Else, our world would be mechanical, and human beings nothing but machines.
Assuming you knew the future. Either you could see it (unlikely) or history has never failed you (most likely) and you knew the outcome was the same before, today, and tomorrow. It did not matter if you do right or wrong, the outcome would be the same, always and forever.

Personally I would live my life the same as I do now, the praise or scorn of fellow man is little motivation for actions.

I live my Life to follow Jesus Christ and his teachings. I do not follow any organised religion however

This sums my view up
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Knowing the difference yourself only matters for as long as you care to know.

If the outcome is always the same and it does not matter how good or bad you are. F*ck what anyone else may think. Do what you want.

I think most intelligent people - deep inside - know whether their actions are "just"...at least to some degree. I never do anything to place G-O-D or any other such entity, but my own standards may just be as high as hers....
;)

I knew a guy once who said the 11th Commandment was "You do to know what I mean!"

The basic measurement in this world of people...is how much your decisions help or harm others. That is usually quite evident.

Top Bottom