• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Wordpress Dynamic Theme - WPXenCSS

I think this is a great concept, but I wish bold, block quote, and the other options worked with it, or do I have to make edits for it to work? Here I did a test post to see if they would work: http://www.gw2arena.com/blog/

I'm importing news feeds via RSS, along with entering posts manually, and none are showing up with text formatting. That and the attributes were missing (post author, published date, etc.). I like having the common theme for these separate sites, but I don't have the luxury of time to rework this theme to bring in all of the missing elements. If I did have more time, I'd volunteer to help out with the theme.

bambua, is this still what you're using for the homepage on your site? I like it!

Yeah it is, it's got the new version of it, I have to apologize for not getting a fixed version up, real life has taken a priority for a bit. I'm to get to it asap, it has pictures quotes, floats and all that good stuff fixed as well as full support for translations.

Were you able to tackle post attributions and dates? If not, I have some (faulty) code I stole from the default WP theme I used. Glad you're still working on it! Even if I have to change from using it on this one site (where we really could use the additional lefthand sidebar), I have a couple of other companion sites that will tie into it and this could really be useful to integrate the look.

Thanks!

Were you able to tackle post attributions and dates? If not, I have some (faulty) code I stole from the default WP theme I used. Glad you're still working on it! Even if I have to change from using it on this one site (where we really could use the additional lefthand sidebar), I have a couple of other companion sites that will tie into it and this could really be useful to integrate the look.

Thanks!
Yeah that's taken care of as well, I'm hoping to get it wrapped up into a releasable format soon here.

Hey how would one go about creating new widget positions... ive noticed there is no "Single.php" template / file so i am not really sure how i should / could go about displaying adverts under each post. Thanks

EDIT: Also i was wondering why the style / bridge is not pulling my custom XF footer / Custom navtabs into the the WP section / main part of my site ? Thanks for any help on this one.

Having an issue with this.

Every time I move a widget into the sidebar inside the WP, the header relocates to the bottom of the page.
What's up with that? And what can I do to fix it?

EDIT: never mind. I moved the desired widgets back to the sidebar, and for whatever reason,
the page was fine.

Odd stuff, lol.

Having an issue with this.

Every time I move a widget into the sidebar inside the WP, the header relocates to the bottom of the page.
What's up with that? And what can I do to fix it?

EDIT: never mind. I moved the desired widgets back to the sidebar, and for whatever reason,
the page was fine.

Odd stuff, lol.

Have been having the same issue.. i noticed that when adding a txt / custom html code when using correct div placements the header would appear at the bottom of the site, but when i was to remove a closing </div> the widgets displayed fine.. it's like there is a extra / unneeded div laying around somewhere :s

Well, now I'm trying to figure out how to get my site content onto the wp.
I filled out theWP Xen CSS Options, including which category to take posts from, but, none are showing up anywhere.
http://mahoningvalleytalk.com

I wonder if I missed a setting somewhere?

Have been having the same issue.. i noticed that when adding a txt / custom html code when using correct div placements the header would appear at the bottom of the site, but when i was to remove a closing </div> the widgets displayed fine.. it's like there is a extra / unneeded div laying around somewhere :s
I'm looking for that extra div right now, I've actually got a new version of this ready to go out today but I need to find that.

Well, now I'm trying to figure out how to get my site content onto the wp.
I filled out theWP Xen CSS Options, including which category to take posts from, but, none are showing up anywhere.
http://mahoningvalleytalk.com

I wonder if I missed a setting somewhere?
You picked the category number from wordpress for the stories you want? It actually doesn't post stories from the forum, it's completely enclosed within wordpress. this is just a way to make Wordpress mimic your forums layout.

Can you give me an example of a widget/widget order that you used to break it. I'm having problems duplicating it.

You picked the category number from wordpress for the stories you want? It actually doesn't post stories from the forum, it's completely enclosed within wordpress. this is just a way to make Wordpress mimic your forums layout.
No I picked the category from the forum.

Judging from this -
There are a total of 4 settings, the style ID of the css to be used, this can be found by looking for style-id= in the link for the style in the style choose. The second is the path of your forum folder, by default this is /community. The third is the path to the forum logo. The last option lets you choose what category or categories of posts get shown on the home page.

I assumed that it brought posts over from that category. Sorry!

Uploaded some fixes to the zip in the first post, they include:

• Internal fixes to support translation, I haven't finished modifying all the locations with text yet but that's coming soon
  • Added a single.php template to make it easier to put advertisements in on single posts. For the home page you can also edit home.php and put them in right after the_content()
  • Added css for the editor types that can be insert in posts (left right blockquote etc)
More fixes are coming, I also think I have a way to pull the menu from inside of XF, if it works it should be nice. I will also make this optional so that you don't have to use it. I'm also working on pulling in some more of the fixes folks have posted here. Sorry about the delay in development on this, work and real life had taken over. I'm getting back to it now though.

..... Sorry about the delay in development on this, work and real life had taken over. I'm getting back to it now though.

Real-life comes first, always.

You are awesome. Take your time, we're not going anywhere. ;)

Uploaded some fixes to the zip in the first post, they include:

• Internal fixes to support translation, I haven't finished modifying all the locations with text yet but that's coming soon
  • Added a single.php template to make it easier to put advertisements in on single posts. For the home page you can also edit home.php and put them in right after the_content()
  • Added css for the editor types that can be insert in posts (left right blockquote etc)
More fixes are coming, I also think I have a way to pull the menu from inside of XF, if it works it should be nice. I will also make this optional so that you don't have to use it. I'm also working on pulling in some more of the fixes folks have posted here. Sorry about the delay in development on this, work and real life had taken over. I'm getting back to it now though.

Great stuff bambua, I'm waiting for a friend to install it. After translation, content alignment issues has been adressed. Thanks again for the hard work.

Top Bottom