• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Wordpress Dynamic Theme - WPXenCSS

Every time I move a widget into the sidebar inside the WP, the header relocates to the bottom of the page.
What's up with that? And what can I do to fix it?
Are you using XFRocks' widgets found in his WordPress 3 Bridge? If so, I found there are extra DIVs placed in the "Recent Threads" widget which causes the branding to move to the bottom. If you go to line 211 of the "function_widgets.php" file and remove the following line:

Code:
<?php echo $after_widget; ?>

it corrected the problem. (or at least in my case it did) The problem was in the widget and not the WP Skin.

--Ed

Uploaded another file which should have a fix for the extra div, as well as the rest of the alignment issues for page content. If I missed something someone let me know :D

Are you using XFRocks' widgets found in his WordPress 3 Bridge? If so, I found there are extra DIVs placed in the "Recent Threads" widget which causes the branding to move to the bottom. If you go to line 211 of the "function_widgets.php" file and remove the following line:

Code:

it corrected the problem. (or at least in my case it did) The problem was in the widget and not the WP Skin.

--Ed
That might just do it as I am not running that mod on my test bed.

Uploaded some fixes to the zip in the first post, they include:

• Internal fixes to support translation, I haven't finished modifying all the locations with text yet but that's coming soon
  • Added a single.php template to make it easier to put advertisements in on single posts. For the home page you can also edit home.php and put them in right after the_content()
  • Added css for the editor types that can be insert in posts (left right blockquote etc)
More fixes are coming, I also think I have a way to pull the menu from inside of XF, if it works it should be nice. I will also make this optional so that you don't have to use it. I'm also working on pulling in some more of the fixes folks have posted here. Sorry about the delay in development on this, work and real life had taken over. I'm getting back to it now though.

Awesome work mate :)

Having some fun with your work already it's got so much potential, just keep chipping away at it.. Real Life comes first :) Cheers for adding a single.php template :) i was trying to add my own but it was breaking pages so i used a plugin for force advert slots in but well it's a whole bunch of extra code that i can rip out now.

Your Menu idea sounds great.. a fully working site-wide header / menu would be awesome.

As for duplicating the weird header problem... it's happening one minute and not the next..

Code:
<div id="wp-Sidebar"><div class="wp-Siderbar-left">GOOGLE ADSENSE CODE HERE<div class="wp-Sidebar-right">AMAZON BANNER HERE
</div></div>

The above is using 3 div's... wp-Sidebar, wp-Siderbar-left, wp-Sidebar-right.. when closing all 3 div's (50% of the time the header is going out of whack as peggy mentioned also).. duplicating the issue time after time isn't happening.. I can't find any lose tags in your current code tho so don't stress the problem may lay somewhere else.

Thanks again, Keep up the good work..

EDIT: can not find any file called "function_widgets.php"

Code:

--Ed

No I'm not using his WP bridge... yet. Looks like I might tho, so thanks for the info.

EDIT: can not find any file called "function_widgets.php"
If you are using WordPress 3 Bridge, go to the "Plugins" tab (under wp-admin) and select the "Editor" subnav. On the right, you will see a dropdown to "Select plugin to edit" where you select the "XenForo" plugin and click the "Select" button. The file list on the right will now be all the files for the WordPress 3 Bridge plugin, so find the one called "xenforo/functions_widgets.php" and click it to edit it. (mine was about 2/3 the way down)

In the editor, search for "jQuery(function()" and the line you need to remove is two lines above that. (there are a couple of references to echo $after_widget; so you can't just search for that line.

Good luck.

--Ed

Cheers Red.. will look into it soon as i sort out this new issue.

Also showing and error now after uploading the new version / files:

Code:
[B]themes/WPXenCSS/home.php[/B] on line [B]42[/B]

EDIT....

ALSO GETTING THIS IN MY FOOTER:
Code:
Flexile Dark theme by Erik Swan.

Remove this from your footer.php template:
Code:
<li><span>Flexile Dark theme by Erik Swan.</span></li>
lol

Ive created my own style from scratch :S

Haha that's totally my fault, I forgot to clear out the saved data before I put it out. Let me get that fixed :D

Haha that's totally my fault, I forgot to clear out the saved data before I put it out.
LOL.. Good to see custom tabs working on the WP side of things tho... can you provide me a snippet of the code you are using to make the tabs appear in the WP section.. Thanks for your help on this.. Awesome work

HAHHA... Cheers for your efforts :p this should b a very popular style on XF

EDIT... Thanks again.. much better now.. would still love to know how you got thos extra tbas in there tho :P i got 6+ versions of you style scattered on my desktop and can't be stuffed search in files for "Loot" lol

HAHHA... Cheers for your efforts :p this should b a very popular style on XF

EDIT... Thanks again.. much better now.. would still love to know how you got thos extra tbas in there tho :p i got 6+ versions of you style scattered on my desktop and can't be stuffed search in files for "Loot" lol
I use this on my site and manually editted a few things in. When I made changes I didn't grab my dev copy I grabbed the live copy from my site.

This has actually caused a problem as I deleted a file that I need when I packaged it :P Waiting for my ISP to run a recovery right now. Fun times.

I use this on my site and manually editted a few things in. When I made changes I didn't grab my dev copy I grabbed the live copy from my site.

This has actually caused a problem as I deleted a file that I need when I packaged it :p Waiting for my ISP to run a recovery right now. Fun times.

Ohhh Bugga :( hope they can sort it out for you

It's already recovered, I know I have hourly incremental backups so it's not too big of a deal :D

Good Good.. nothing worse than not backing up!!! always seems to come back to bite you...

Hey any chance you can PM me and let me know how / where to start in terms of adding custom xf tabs into the WP section ?

*** EDIT: *** Nevermind... i got it sussed, Thanks

Good Good.. nothing worse than not backing up!!! always seems to come back to bite you...

Hey any chance you can PM me and let me know how / where to start in terms of adding custom xf tabs into the WP section ?

*** EDIT: *** Nevermind... i got it sussed, Thanks
Heh no problem, sorry I didn't get back sooner ;) at work right now.

Top Bottom