• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Wordpress Dynamic Theme - WPXenCSS

Having this issue as well with the bridge added and Recent Threads Widget activated.

Looks like a missing div, I'm finishing up the translation function calls right now. Can you send me a link to this so I can see what it's doing?

Great mod bambua, just what I was looking for.
However, I am getting an error when trying to use the forum links on bottom of home page (wordpress) also when I log into forum on wordpress home page the log in works fine but only changes logged in header on the forum page not wordpress home (which still says login) how do I fix these?

Thanks

Most of the time those are caused either by the wrong folder path being put in the wordpress options or sometimes by htaccess changes...can you give me the URL so I can take a look at it?
Great mod bambua, just what I was looking for.
However, I am getting an error when trying to use the forum links on bottom of home page (wordpress) also when I log into forum on wordpress home page the log in works fine but only changes logged in header on the forum page not wordpress home (which still says login) how do I fix these?

Thanks

Most of the time those are caused either by the wrong folder path being put in the wordpress options or sometimes by htaccess changes...can you give me the URL so I can take a look at it?

Thanks bambua,
Take a look at the home page of v7web
I checked the options and the folder path appears to be correct, I get the following error when trying to use the "contact us" link on wordpress home page "The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console"

The links don't include your "community/" in the path in WordPress. (it thinks XenForo is installed in the root)

Do you have any caching plugins installed in WP that need to be flushed?
--Ed

The links don't include your "community/" in the path in WordPress. (it thinks XenForo is installed in the root)

Do you have any caching plugins installed in WP that need to be flushed?
--Ed
Thanks for the reply Ed,
I just checked and no I don't have any caching plugins installed, in fact the wordpress install is still a clean install without any extras added yet.

It just seems weird that all the links to the community folder are fine in the top navigation but do not work in the footer.

I just checked bambua's demo site and that has the same issues.

I just checked bambua's demo site and that has the same issues.
Good catch. That is definitely a bug. You need to edit the template footer in WordPress. In wp-admin, select the "Appearance" section and click the "Editor" tab. On the list of files on the right, select "footer.php" to edit the footer file. Search for "<ul class="footerLinks">" and find the following lines:

Code:
<li><a href="index.php?help/terms">Terms and Rules</a></li>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT=Georgia]<li><a href="index.php?misc/contact" class="OverlayTrigger">Contact Us</a></li>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT=Georgia]
These are the lines that don't have the proper XenForo path set. Change them to:
Code:
<li><a href="/..<?php echo $WPXC_xenforo_path; ?>/index.php?help/terms">Terms and Rules</a></li>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#141414][FONT=Georgia]<li><a href="/..<?php echo $WPXC_xenforo_path; ?>/index.php?misc/contact" class="OverlayTrigger">Contact Us</a></li>
and it should correct the problem.

--Ed[/CODE][/FONT][/COLOR]

Shoot. The XenForo editor can't handle PHP inline! Below footerlinks class, you'll see two lines, one with :
"index.php?help/terms"

and the other with:
"index.php?misc/contact"

You will need to add the folder path variable to your installation.
/..<?php echo $WPXC_xenforo_path; ?>/

before each line. (hopefully this will show up correctly)

EDIT: It did show up correctly - so the lines should contain:
"/..<?php echo $WPXC_xenforo_path; ?>/index.php?help/terms"
"/..<?php echo $WPXC_xenforo_path; ?>/index.php?misc/contact"

(added path code to those two lines - in red)

--Ed

Also, you need to make sure your WP template folder and all the files are writable, otherwise you can see the contents of the footer.php file but there is no "Update File" button to save your changes.

--Ed

It's looking nice so far! One of my widgets throws the formatting off--I have a PHP widget that inserts an Adsense block, and it is pushing the site logo all the way down to the bottom of the page. I'll have to check the code in the widget and revise it.

One thing that would be neat is a left-sidebar and dual-sidebar (left/right) theme in addition to the current one. But it's probably a lot more work, especially since XF itself is coded for a right sidebar.

One fix I had to make was for images embedded in our WP posts. They were not wrapping. I "stole" the code from another theme to fix it:

HTML:
/* BEGIN WORDPRESS CSS FOR THEME */
/*
Resize images to fit the main content area.
- Applies only to images uploaded via WordPress by targeting size-* classes.
- Other images will be left alone. Use "size-auto" class to apply to other images.
*/
img.size-auto,
img.size-full,
img.size-large,
img.size-medium,
.attachment img {
    max-width: 100%; /* When images are too wide for containing element, force them to fit. */
    height: auto; /* Override height to match resized width for correct aspect ratio. */
}
.alignleft,
img.alignleft {
    display: inline;
    float: left;
    margin-right: 24px;
    margin-top: 4px;
}
.alignright,
img.alignright {
    display: inline;
    float: right;
    margin-left: 24px;
    margin-top: 4px;
}
.aligncenter,
img.aligncenter {
    clear: both;
    display: block;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
}
img.alignleft,
img.alignright,
img.aligncenter {
    margin-bottom: 12px;
}
.wp-caption {
    background: #f1f1f1;
    line-height: 18px;
    margin-bottom: 20px;
    max-width: 632px !important; /* prevent too-wide images from breaking layout */
    padding: 4px;
    text-align: center;
}
.wp-caption img {
    margin: 5px 5px 0;
}
.wp-caption p.wp-caption-text {
    color: #888;
    font-size: 12px;
    margin: 5px;
}

/* END WORDPRESS CSS FOR THEME */

It was not working when I inserted it into style.css within the theme (where I would ultimately prefer it), but I put it into extras.css in the XF default style for the forum, and it worked its magic.

I like it so much I'm putting it on a second site. ;) It is a related site, part of a family of sites we're building actually, so I had to do a little workaround in order to enable it on the separate site. (I just symlinked to the forum files...it worked.)

One question: did I miss something, or do you have support for nested pages to display properly? Our new site will have pages nested a few pages deep. The parent page will be something like "Stores", the second level page an area or region ("Chicago"), followed by third-level pages with store listings. It could go deeper also. I may have to "borrow" code from another theme or two to make this work, if it is not yet built in.

I managed to fix a couple of other issues in the posts temporarily, but I will really need to go back when I have time to fix them properly. The posts need attribution, categories and dateline before we can use them. I managed to temporarily work in the author and date for now (we need the blog part of the site to be mostly operational by Saturday, and I'm just about there).

This is great, thanks.

Quick question, is there anyway to allow HTML to work with this in the wordpress posts? Bold, bullet list, quote, etc doesn't work, but the insert image / resize does.

I couldn't get the text to wrap around images when I right-aligned the images. I ended up stealing style code from another WP theme and I pasted it into one of the CSS files, or maybe in extras.css in XF (can't remember exactly which ones).

I haven't been able to look into the theme at all to try the HTML. I am going to switch back to a standard WP theme next week, as I need the lefthand column back (3-column layout) since too much is getting buried "below the fold" in the righthand sidebar.

Top Bottom