• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

This is the feature I am most interested in:

"Single-Sign-On
Connect up your member accounts from your blog to your forum automatically with our Vanilla Connect SSO for WordPress. When your members click-through to the forum for the first time, they will be automatically logged in and a forum account created with the same credentials. No fuss, no muss!"
"Already have a registration & login portal for your users? No problem! Vanilla can seamlessly integrate with your existing login system, so your users only register and sign in through your website."

I just install to test and it works for the user login, but not for wordpress comments. I can login to xenforo correctly and go to WP admin correctly, but if I go to a post, I am not recognized, WP asks for name, email and web for comments. I also lost the WP admin Bar.

It's the way it work or it should know in the Wordpress side who am I and let me comment with mi XF account without asking for name and email ?

Thanks.

If I am reading this correctly, this bridges Xenforo to Wordpress, but that means that it will only use members from the forum to the WP site.. Is there a bridge that goes the other way.. WP to Xenforo? I have a site that has been established for over a year and I have quite a few members on the site, it seems it would be an issue to have to move them all over. Maybe I missed something?

Also will the privs match with WP?

If I am reading this correctly, this bridges Xenforo to Wordpress, but that means that it will only use members from the forum to the WP site.. Is there a bridge that goes the other way.. WP to Xenforo? I have a site that has been established for over a year and I have quite a few members on the site, it seems it would be an issue to have to move them all over. Maybe I missed something?

Also will the privs match with WP?
This bridge is one way only (XenForo to WordPress, new user will be created in WordPress for each XenForo user). The usergroup can be mapped manually.

that's what I thought... oh well guess I'll just have to move the staff to the forums, link it up that way then have members resign up

Will this support "Multisite" Wordpress? As when a user registers with XF, the user will be able to be logged into WP and have their own blog?

Any plans to add support for pulling the session info from Zend's front-end cache? I noticed if I enable that caching and my users don't check "Stay logged in" they don't get logged in on Wordpress since the add-on can't find their session entry in xf_session.

I have a strange problem with this add-on. After I installed it as plugin for my WordPress 3.3 install (in root folder), I or any of the xenforo install admins cannot get to the WP dashboard (/wp-admin/) at all. It gets redirected to the home page.

Any plans to add support for pulling the session info from Zend's front-end cache? I noticed if I enable that caching and my users don't check "Stay logged in" they don't get logged in on Wordpress since the add-on can't find their session entry in xf_session.
Yes

I have a strange problem with this add-on. After I installed it as plugin for my WordPress 3.3 install (in root folder), I or any of the xenforo install admins cannot get to the WP dashboard (/wp-admin/) at all. It gets redirected to the home page.
It looks like the configuration is not correct so WordPress doesn't recognized logged users.

It looks like the configuration is not correct so WordPress doesn't recognized logged users.
I have the Administrators set up to map to the blog admins. The xenforo path option has a Found next to it too. What else could be the problem?

I have the Administrators set up to map to the blog admins. The xenforo path option has a Found next to it too. What else could be the problem?
Probably a cookie path problem (what's your site url and your blog url?). Also probably a problem with the salt ($config['globalSalt'] in config.php), did you configure it correctly?

Top Bottom