Best way to integrate / bridge Xenforo and WordPress

Mr_Bob

It's been a while since I've really taken care of my site (a few personal things going on in life), and I'm making my way back to the fold so-to-speak. At the moment I'm running on Subdreamer, which while it offers great integration with Xenforo, development is absolutely dead (like, their site doesn't even load any longer), so I have to move to another platform (preferably WordPress). I'm considering a few alternative solutions, chiefly XenWord or aMember (I'm leaning a little towards aMember because it seems like a good platform for expanding my site with other products in the long-term with one centralized user system.

That said, I'm curious what others in the same situation are utilizing, or if there are other products out there I should look into for my situation. I'd like to be able to do the following:

• Protect certain content for specific usergroups (staff, VIP users, etc), so each system should be able to recognize the Xenforo usergroup and treat appropriately.
  • Show ads for certain groups (unregistered / unconfirmed mainly), but not for others - so some kind of template conditions available that work with the user system.
  • Allow users to post article comments, submit content, etc in WordPress and Xenforo with one consistent account, preferably with the ability to customuze username color per usergroup and show the Xenforo avatar.
  • Preferably come with a user info / login widget for WordPress (doesn't matter the type, I can always customize it). Better if it can include basic info (things like new conversations, etc)

I'm more of a content person and an ok armature web developer, with a lot of problem solving skills, so I'm fine to tinker a little, but my preference is ease (I'm already trying to figure out the best way to move DB content from Subdreamer into WordPress, which is a different problem altogether).

Top Bottom