• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Please help-me, i installed wordpress in another database, it installed the plugin correctly, but nothing happens, I can not log on accounts xenforo in wordpress, it will be?

Please help-me, i installed wordpress in another database, it installed the plugin correctly, but nothing happens, I can not log on accounts xenforo in wordpress, it will be?
1. can you tell me what this mod does?
2. did you get your globalSalt from your xenForo library directory?

1. can you tell me what this mod does?
2. did you get your globalSalt from your xenForo library directory?

good from what I understand part of the members of the two platforms will get the folder xenforo, globalsalt he gets on the folder / library / xenforo / application.php

Hi guys,

I am just wondering. Does this support the multi-user feature? Say I was to bridge it, will my forum members be able to have their own blogs?

Thanks.

This plugin works great - however :)

It breaks the permalinks on my wordpress site.

I have wordpress in the root and my forum installed in the /community directory. When I activate the plugin all my WP post URL's have /community/ added before the permalink and it breaks the link.

any thoughts?

I'm having a few issues with user mapping.
This is on a fresh install of wordpress but the blog is in a subdomain where my forum is in the root.
Has anyone else had issues with the users being mapped correctly?

You meant they were mapped incorrectly?
Well they sort of work sort of don't.
I can get my admin account to login from the forum to the blog on IE only
on FF and Chrome if I go to wp-admin I get kicked to the forum, if I view the blog from the forum I can only comment as a "guest"

The settings in the admin panel show the usergroups mapped correctly.
Didn't know if it was an issue since I have the blog in a subdomain.

thx for the help

Well they sort of work sort of don't.
I can get my admin account to login from the forum to the blog on IE only
on FF and Chrome if I go to wp-admin I get kicked to the forum, if I view the blog from the forum I can only comment as a "guest"

The settings in the admin panel show the usergroups mapped correctly.
Didn't know if it was an issue since I have the blog in a subdomain.

thx for the help
Subdomain shouldn't be a problem if you setup correctly. What is your setting for the cookie path?

Subdomain shouldn't be a problem if you setup correctly. What is your setting for the cookie path?
Hi xfrocks: would it be possible for plugin authors to easily write a script that would pull all the relevant settings (plugin settings, server settings, xenforo settings, whatever settings) into a text box in xenforo admin ... such that people could easily copy / paste here to make troubleshooting easier ?
Would xenforo.com make the framework, and then addon makers could just tap into it ?
Jfusion.org used this method very successfully to troubleshoot things. People providing logs tended to get more timely support. Over time, non-experts were able to read the logs to determine what settings were incorrect.
Just a thought :)

Hi xfrocks: would it be possible for plugin authors to easily write a script that would pull all the relevant settings (plugin settings, server settings, xenforo settings, whatever settings) into a text box in xenforo admin ... such that people could easily copy / paste here to make troubleshooting easier ?
Would xenforo.com make the framework, and then addon makers could just tap into it ?
Jfusion.org used this method very successfully to troubleshoot things. People providing logs tended to get more timely support. Over time, non-experts were able to read the logs to determine what settings were incorrect.
Just a thought :)
That would be very useful :)

Is this mod going to allow people to login via Wordpress then be automatically logged into Xenforo? Many wordpress mods make use of the wordpress member database so primary control would need to be in it. The member databases between Wordpress and Xenforo would then be linked and cookied allowing people to be automatically logged-in.

Is this mod going to allow people to login via Wordpress then be automatically logged into Xenforo? Many wordpress mods make use of the wordpress member database so primary control would need to be in it.
Problem is ... many wordpress xenforo mods make use of the wordpress xenforo member database so primary control would need to be in it xenforo.

I think there are lots of people would would rather sacrifice the xenforo member details than the Wordpress member details (as you suggest).

But what you want is an entirely different product than what this bridge is.

It is possible that that either xfrocks or Fighter1405 finds a solution ... but there will always be some trade off.

Q: Which WP addons have not worked that you notice ?

Top Bottom