Fixed  Word censor doesn't block text in replies.

If anyone replies to this thread they will see the F-word in the reply text.

Good find. It's nice though that the poster's original text is kept and the word is redacted at display time. This would allow for changes to the censor to be retroactive, as well as possibly making the censorship and end-user option.

EDIT: So the question would be, is this "as designed" or should quotes be censored when entering them into the editor to reply. If so, then the quoted text in the reply would always be censored even if you changed the filter later.

EDIT2: I could make an argument for doing the later (when inserting the quote in the editor, insert the censored version), because what you are quoting and replying to is in fact the censored version, not the original that is stored in the database.

It's nice, but it'll still need to be fixed. It's a bug, unless it was done on purpose.

I don't think it's done on purpose, more of they forgot to pass it through the filter.

From what I can tell, when you click "Reply," the post is actually pulled from the database and then inserted into the reply box, not a simple duplicate from the post you see here on screen. It just doesn't go through the filter potion before it's inserted into the box.

Yup, I think that basically sums up my opinion.

What .. ? so you will do nothing about it .. but that's unacceptable. You cannot allow censored words to be seen like that. it defeats the whole purpose of censorship in the first place.

Also if i may add .. we need a strong censor which can censor even words with spaces.

What .. ? so you will do nothing about it .. but that's unacceptable. You cannot allow censored words to be seen like that. it defeats the whole purpose of censorship in the first place.

Also if i may add .. we need a strong censor which can censor even words with spaces.

The full context of what Mike quoted part of was:

EDIT2: I could make an argument for doing the later (when inserting the quote in the editor, insert the censored version), because what you are quoting and replying to is in fact the censored version, not the original that is stored in the database.​

So I think he is agreeing something needs to be done.

Top Bottom