Not a bug Obscure word censor/URL error

Wildcat Media

Affected version
I was trying to post a link from YouTube music in a forum post, but I couldn't figure out why the URL wouldn't convert to embedded media, and the URL wouldn't even turn into a link. I finally realized that what was happening was the word censor was replacing four of the characters in the URL since they spelled a rather naughty word that we filter out. If I paste it here:

https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_lMJBgghK4TYodot-Xbts1Qg****nxr4BM&feature=share

...you can see the issue with four asterisks.

Pasting in a screenshot:

1686886352356.webp

So what is happening is an obscure random occurrence of four letters is triggering the improper behavior. I don't even know if this can be fixed. I tried disabling the word in the word censor and posting, then re-enabling, but then the media block didn't display (as expected).

What was in my word censor?

#### (where #### is the word).

For now I've entered the word on its own, and a handful of variations. But that could leave other uses of the word vulnerable. My thought is that it might be necessary to ignore the censored string #### when it's inside a media or URL BBCode.

I am having the same problem, did you come up with a fix? I thought without an * at the beginning and end of the word, it should ignore words longer than the original.

People from Scunthorpe who order a Matsushita and an order of shiitake mushrooms (under an alternate spelling) had best relocate to Coventry...

Please, we try to keep this forum as family friendly as possible. Think next time before you use egregious language, such as Coventry.

Top Bottom