[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials

[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials [Paid] 1.1.3

No permission to buy ($19.00)
We do not recommend to use our add-on with similar other add-ons for changing bb media codes.
To clarify, it has nothing to do with the s9 add-on, s9 has YouTube disabled, only WMTech YouTube BBCODE is activated.

We will however revise our regex to cover also urls like you posted above, even if they are very rare. Thank you!
Thank you. Actually, it is a more common use case than you think. Nowadays there are many /channel/*randomcode*/videos type of URLs for YouTube, as per my post above yours. Of course when a person links directly to the YouTube video, WMTech addon works fine, but when they want to link to the channel uploads, it does not always work as per my previous explanation and regex issue.

We can reproduce the horizontal scroll issue at our site, but we think it's a style issue (it does not happen with the default style). We'll investigate and hope to solve it soon.
We use a different style than WMTech's site, and still have this issue.

So if it is related to non-default styles and seems to be affecting multiple non-default styles, it will be good to get it fixed on your end.

Looking forward to an update! Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,

I become these errors:
Code:
ErrorException: BB code to string error:file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/zetor-forum.de/httpdocs/forum/data/ytle/vz/VZriG2Cx8Fs/tmp-hqdefault.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/WMTech/YTLoadEnhancer/Model/YtLoadEnhancer.php:245

Any idea whats the problem?

Xenforo 1.5.8 and latest addon version.

Hello,

I become these errors:
Code:
ErrorException: BB code to string error:file_put_contents(/var/www/vhosts/zetor-forum.de/httpdocs/forum/data/ytle/vz/VZriG2Cx8Fs/tmp-hqdefault.jpg): failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/WMTech/YTLoadEnhancer/Model/YtLoadEnhancer.php:245

Any idea whats the problem?

Xenforo 1.5.8 and latest addon version.

Looks like a file permission problem at your server. I recommend to open a support ticket at our site so we are able to help you directly with your site.

Does it play nicely with S9 YouTube embed?

Again, this add-on does not work with any other add-on changing the YouTube media code. As only one media code can be live, you have to choose which add-on to use for it.

How do I clear the image cache for a specific video please? When I first posted the embedded link, the video was private and so the image is a 'video unavailable' placeholder.
upload_2017-5-4_23-6-7.webp

How do I get it to show the correct thumbnail for the video, please?

How do I get it to show the correct thumbnail for the video, please?

Sorry, there is currently no way in the ACP to purge a cached video picture.

You need to find the id of the video. If you click "Edit" on that post you find the id between
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]YOUTUBE-ID[/MEDIA]
tags.

Save this id and delete the folder with the same name as the id from your /data/ytle/XX (XX are the first 2 characters of the ID) directory at your server.

Also delete the row with the same id from your "xf_ytle_cache" table in the XF database.

After you've done this, the picture will be automatically recreated at the next load of the page where it is embedded.

Alternativly you can also reupload the video to Youtube (to get a new id) and edit the post to include the new video.

Sorry, there is currently no way in the ACP to purge a cached video picture.

You need to find the id of the video. If you click "Edit" on that post you find the id between
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]YOUTUBE-ID[/MEDIA]
tags.

Save this id and delete the folder with the same name as the id from your /data/ytle/XX (XX are the first 2 characters of the ID) directory at your server.

Also delete the row with the same id from your "xf_ytle_cache" table in the XF database.

After you've done this, the picture will be automatically recreated at the next load of the page where it is embedded.

Alternativly you can also reupload the video to Youtube (to get a new id) and edit the post to include the new video.
Worked perfectly, thank you. Would be nice to have an admin method to refresh the image.

Hi @markku - are you still using this addon?

Does it play nicely with S9 YouTube embed?

I have disabled s9's youtube embed and use wmtech's instead. Works well more or less.

@wmtech:
I reported this issue over 1.5 years ago:

Screen Shot 2017-08-29 at 22.42.35.webp
And there has been no update to the YouTube add-on since then.

Generally speaking...

Why have you stopped developing your add-ons, I wonder? Let's be realistic here, you haven't issued updates to many of your add-ons in ages.

Look at your Sticky Multiple Account add-on, for example; you've promised to add several features, fix bugs, but you still haven't. That's why we haven't yet bought that add-on.

If you showed a bit more agile development cycle (ie avoid several year pauses in bringing new features and fixing bugs), you would probably have more customers, as well.

Hopefully this slow progress on your part isn't a sign of you eventually packing your bags and leaving the XF add-on field. You have created some good add-ons.

I reported this issue over 1.5 years ago:

We did not consider this issue as a bug. It was a minor display issue at a customized style. Your style designer should be able to cover this with a small CSS adaption.

And there has been no update to the YouTube add-on since then.

There was and is no need for an update. This add-on works as advertised and without problems. Should a bug be detected or should an update of XF create an issue, an update will certainly be provided.

Why have you stopped developing your add-ons, I wonder? Let's be realistic here, you haven't issued updates to many of your add-ons in ages.

If you showed a bit more agile development cycle (ie avoid several year pauses in bringing new features and fixing bugs), you would probably have more customers, as well. Hopefully this slow progress on your part isn't a sign of you eventually packing your bags and leaving the XF add-on field. You have created some good add-ons.

Gererally spoken our add-ons are written very carefully. We usually do not find a lot of bugs needing frequent updates. All our add-ons currently work as expected with the most recent version of XenForo 1. Some of our add-ons will get a last small update later this year to conclude the XenForo 1 development circle. The Sticky Multiple Account add-on (which works perfectly btw) for example will get an admin option to disable the Flash detector. We do not plan any new big feature updates for XenForo 1 add-ons.

We will release add-ons for XenForo 2, likely starting next year (after the official release of XenForo 2). All add-ons which sold enough licenses or which we need for our own sites will be updated for XF2. For example this YouTube integration add-on.

There was and is no need for an update. This add-on works as advertised and without problems.
Not really true. Read below. There is a need for an update. Has been for a long time, since early 2016 at least.

We will however revise our regex to cover also urls like you posted above, even if they are very rare. Thank you!
FYI, above post of yours was from February 2016.

My response to you was back then:

"Thank you. Actually, it is a more common use case than you think. Nowadays there are many /channel/*randomcode*/videos type of URLs for YouTube, as per my post above yours. Of course when a person links directly to the YouTube video, WMTech addon works fine, but when they want to link to the channel uploads, it does not always work as per my previous explanation and regex issue."

So can you please provide a fix or not? It's annoying, we have dozens of YouTube embeds which don't work for just this reason.

The issue is this:

Linking to:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoMobile/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

Produces a good result. It doesn't try to make it an embed, keeps it as a link.

However...

Linking to:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGJGhZ9SOOHvBB0Y4DOO_w/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd

Produces a bad result. It does try to embed it, but the embed says video doesn't exist.

And there are more and more /channel/id/videos kind of links these days.

This URL also fails with your add-on:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGJGhZ9SOOHvBB0Y4DOO_w/videos

it tries to embed it. It shouldn't.

Last edited:
There is a need for an update.

You are right. The regex needs an update and will be updated with the next version. Sometimes YouTube uses new, special URL styles which are not included. We will try to find a better solution for the XF2 version. Maybe give the admin a choice what content from YT should be embedded or not.

@wmtech Are you considering this suggestion?

I doubt that many customers would have a use for it. Maybe as a custom sponsored extension for the XF2 version?

Top Bottom