[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials

[WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials [Paid] 1.1.3

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I'm reluctant to buy your upgraded add-on because of the recurring fee for no branding. Plus the free instructions here seem to do the trick.

Debugging your broken BB media code does not require any purchase. If you've a test installation of Xenforo, just recreate the original YouTube media code with copying everything from there.

Again, I want to emphasize that this add-on does not break the media code at all. In fact the original media code stays intact all the time.

Also I recommend to only purchase this add-on if you want locally cached YouTube data (loads a lot quicker than downloading data for each single video from YouTube every time someone requests the page and the locally cached data can be placed at a CDN also).

The YouTube code Jake posted a year ago does not cache any data, loads exactly the same data like default YouTube code and can be accomplished with the regular, sligthly customized, YouTube link also (it couldn't be back then).

What in the world, we had a lot of users state they couldnt watch Youtube videos on our site so I just tried to UNinstall it which went fine but now we cant embed ANY Youtube videos, whats going on???

*edit* - I got this working, one thing I do not like is that it breaks all embed videos if you uninstall.

Last edited:
What in the world, we had a lot of users state they couldnt watch Youtube videos on our site so I just tried to UNinstall it which went fine but now we cant embed ANY Youtube videos, whats going on???

*edit* - I got this working, one thing I do not like is that it breaks all embed videos if you uninstall.

As said above, once again:

Your statement is simply not true if you really use THIS add-on. This add-on does not break anything if uninstalled. It is unfair to state such messages if you've never used this add-on (but another -free- one, which has been discontinued a very long time ago). It creates the false impression for potential customers that this paid add-on may not work correctly:
Awesome..
If there would be any problem with this add-on it would be fully supported and fixed.

This add-on caches YouTube video data locally (can be even used with a CDN), enhances the speed and performance of your website, improves the privacy of all your website visitors data, makes it possible to change the look and feel of embeded YouTube videos and inserts meta data for Google and other search engines to improve search results.

Of course this add-on can be deactivated, uninstalled at any time and the default XenForo Youtube BB-code will take over seemlessly.

Same thing happened to me. But then I put in some code to the YouTube BB thing, and it worked again. I think that when disabling this add-on, the YouTube BB code continues to point to this add-on, which effectively means that you no longer have YouTube embeds.

Same thing happened to me. But then I put in some code to the YouTube BB thing, and it worked again. I think that when disabling this add-on, the YouTube BB code continues to point to this add-on, which effectively means that you no longer have YouTube embeds.

Once again, both of you did NOT use THIS add-on.

It would be fair to post your problems into the thread of the other add-on where you already can find a solution for your problem.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/wmtech-youtube-load-enhancer-deleted.69974/page-3#post-942997

This paid add-on can be deactivated, uninstalled at any time and the default XenForo Youtube BB-code will take over seemlessly. There is no need for any manual intervention.

Last edited:
I have installed this today with the latest version and can confirm I have the same BBcode problems previously posted.

The add-on changed the Youtube Match URLs to something different. Disabling the add-on does not revert it back so it breaks the old youtube embed.

You can fix by finding the original BBcode and paste it back in and it works again.

Uninstalling the add-on simply deletes the youtube bbcode completely and does not replace with the default which means youtube embeds are broken once again. Fix it by manually adding the bbcode yourself.

I also found that when posting a new youtube video, the thumbnail and title will not appear until you refresh the page.

For the price of this add-on, I don't expect to be manually adding the bbcode back in after disable/uninstalling.

Is there a fix for these problems? Mainly the last issue I said

Last edited:
I have installed this today with the latest version and can confirm I have the same BBcode problems previously posted.

The add-on changed the Youtube Match URLs to something different. Disabling the add-on does not revert it back so it breaks the old youtube embed.

You can fix by finding the original BBcode and paste it back in and it works again.

Uninstalling the add-on simply deletes the youtube bbcode completely and does not replace with the default which means youtube embeds are broken once again. Fix it by manually adding the bbcode yourself.

I also found that when posting a new youtube video, the thumbnail and title will not appear until you refresh the page.

For the price of this add-on, I don't expect to be manually adding the bbcode back in after disable/uninstalling.

Is there a fix for these problems? Mainly the last issue I said

This add-on has to change the default YouTube BB codes because it cannot and won't work with the default codes. Just disabling the add-on does indeed not reinstall the default codes (because XF does not have a feature to make the add-on do anything if disabled, it does not even notify the add-on about it) and makes all YouTube videos invisible (because you disabled it). Again, this cannot be avoided with the current XenForo code unfortunately. Maybe this will be possible with XF 2.0.

The YouTube BB codes codes however will be reverted to the default ones automatically if you uninstall the add-on. It may not have worked at your installation because you have manually changed those codes before the uninstall.

We do NOT recommend to change the YouTube BB-Codes when this add-on is installed. If you change it, the add-on won't work as expected.
We also do NOT recommend to just disable this add-on, if you do not want to use it for a longer period of time. It needs to be uninstalled. The YouTube videos won't be shown if you disable this add-on which is there to present them.

If you post a new video, the video and it's information will be cached by this add-on via a deferred task started immediately. It also loads the posted video directly and immediately from YouTube for the person posting it (if the new post is inserted via AJAX as usually with XF). In rare cases (if the page is reloaded just after you wrote a post with a video) you may see an empty video because the caching takes a few seconds. This happens if you write a post from the "More Options" screen only.

If you have any problems, feel free to open a support ticket at our site, we are here to help and will be happy to take a look into any specific matter with your installation.

Last edited:
@wmtech

The YouTube player GUI has changed on YouTube, yet this add-on uses the old GUI for the cached player image.

Can you kindly update to match it with the new GUI?

The cached player image:

Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 09.09.33.webp

Once you click play:

Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 09.10.06.webp

Stumbled upon one weird behavior when viewing a quoted youtube embed with mobile browsers (Chrome, CM browser on android and IE on windows phone 8.1).
For some reason it only displays the video title and grey background but doesn't load up the video at all. Works fine on all desktop browsers that I have tried, even when using them with narrow view.

Below is a screenshot of said behavior demonstrated using default style

View attachment 95647

I get this too

It seems to happen when multiple of the same youtube video embed is on the page.

But only happens on mobile. If I select 'request desktop site' in my mobile settings then it doesn't happen

If you post a new video, the video and it's information will be cached by this add-on via a deferred task started immediately. It also loads the posted video directly and immediately from YouTube for the person posting it (if the new post is inserted via AJAX as usually with XF). In rare cases (if the page is reloaded just after you wrote a post with a video) you may see an empty video because the caching takes a few seconds. This happens if you write a post from the "More Options" screen only.

If you have any problems, feel free to open a support ticket at our site, we are here to help and will be happy to take a look into any specific matter with your installation.

I'm testing on the default theme and it still shows a blank grey embed when you click post message.

Can you kindly update to match it with the new GUI?

We will update the GUI with one of the next versions. There is one in the pipeline to meet XF 1.5 compatibility, but I am not sure the updated GUI will be in there. We will try, but maybe it will be in the second next version.

It seems to happen when multiple of the same youtube video embed is on the page.

This add-on is fully compatible with several embeds of the same video in the same page. Again, I invite yo to open a support ticket at our support site and show us your problem. We can only take a look into it and check if it is a bug (which will be fixed immediately), if we are able to reproduce it.

I'm testing on the default theme and it still shows a blank grey embed when you click post message.

Again, this is not the default scenario. Please open a support ticket and let us check your installation. We are not able to fix any possible bugs under specific conditions, if we are not able to reproduce it. We need your help to be able to support you.

wmtech updated [WMTech] YouTube Integration Essentials with a new update entry:

v1.1.3: XF 1.5 Compatibility, Code Optimization, New Features & Bugfix Release

> Version 1.1.3 <
XF 1.5 Compatibility, Code Optimization, New Features & Bugfix Release

This upgrade s recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Added the new YouTube embed style (option to continue to use the old style available)

NEW: Links to YouTube and EasyTube now open in a new window

BUGFIX: Enhanced Playlist Support

BUGFIX: Removed occasional grey background embeds (sometimes occurring immediately after posting)

BUGFIX:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installed. The first time a page of threads containing videos loads, clicking them does nothing. Refresh and they then play when clicked.

Installed. The first time a page of threads containing videos loads, clicking them does nothing. Refresh and they then play when clicked.

When the page with one or more YT embeds is loaded the first time, our add-on caches all embeded videos and shows the original YT video to the visitor. It takes some seconds to cache the videos. If -on a busy web site- another visitor is requesting the same page directly (within one or two seconds) after the first request, the cache may not be ready which can lead to a situation you describe.

@wmtech

When there's a video embed on a page, it creates lots of space on the right side of the page, causing a horizontal scroll bar.

At least on my Windows Phone 8.1 environment as well as just by testing resizing the browser on desktop.

Hopefully this shows you the problem:

bug.gif

@wmtech

When there's a video embed on a page, it creates lots of space on the right side of the page, causing a horizontal scroll bar.

At least on my Windows Phone 8.1 environment as well as just by testing resizing the browser on desktop.

Hopefully this shows you the problem:

View attachment 127824

This add-on displays the YouTube inserts fully responsive and should not show horizontal scroll bars (except in special situations).

Thanks for reporting it. We'll take a look and correct any bug found.

This add-on displays the YouTube inserts fully responsive and should not show horizontal scroll bars (except in special situations).
Were you able to reproduce the above horizontal scroll bar issue?

Also, can you please check this:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/s9e-media-bbcodes-pack.61883/page-114#post-1037356

It seems that might have to do with your add-on, since JoshyPHP cannot reproduce the problem on his end. (edit: I forgot I have youtube disabled in s9 media pack, so it's definitely WMTech's YouTube Integration Essentials add-on causing this behavior...)

Thanks for looking into these.

Addendum:
From the JoshyPHP's thread, I'm copying the issue in full here:

Linking to:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TwoMobile/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=1

Produces a good result. It doesn't try to make it an embed, keeps it as a link.

However...

Linking to:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChGJGhZ9SOOHvBB0Y4DOO_w/videos?view=0&shelf_id=1&sort=dd

Produces a bad result. It does try to embed it, and since this is a list of Uploads of the channel, the embed says video doesn't exist.

Basically I think this is an issue with your regex.

Not all channels have vanity names, they can have the /channel/ID/... instead

Hopefully this made sense. Can you fix?

Last edited:
We can reproduce the horizontal scroll issue at our site, but we think it's a style issue (it does not happen with the default style). We'll investigate and hope to solve it soon.

The other thing with the regex: We do not recommend to use our add-on with similar other add-ons for changing bb media codes. We will however revise our regex to cover also urls like you posted above, even if they are very rare. Thank you!

Top Bottom