[WMTech] Social Share Privacy

[WMTech] Social Share Privacy 1.1.7

No permission to download
Okay, I'll uninstall the other one. But before I do, will this add-on block facebook bots from tracking the site when a user clicks the facebook button?

If you want to stop "Facebook-Bots" you can simply add their name to your robots.txt.
But, since your site is accessible in public, you may not be able to choose who is accessing it.

Our add-on prevents the transfer of all your site views and all your visitor data to social networks that occurs when their social buttons are shown at your site (like with a default XenForo installation), even if the buttons are not clicked.

If someone intentionally clicks a social network button, his data and the shared url is of course known by the social network which may indeed send a bot to your site to check what has been shared. If you don't like this, you should not use any share buttons at all.

If you want to stop "Facebook-Bots" you can simply add their name to your robots.txt.
But, since your site is accessible in public, you may not be able to choose who is accessing it.

Our add-on prevents the transfer of all your site views and all your visitor data to social networks that occurs when their social buttons are shown at your site (like with a default XenForo installation), even if the buttons are not clicked.

If someone intentionally clicks a social network button, his data and the shared url is of course known by the social network which may indeed send a bot to your site to check what has been shared. If you don't like this, you should not use any share buttons at all.

Thank you. That explains everything I need to know.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Social Share Privacy with a new update entry:

v1.1.6: 'Good Bye Twitter Shares' Release

> Version 1.1.6 <
Good Bye Twitter Shares Release

This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Removed Share Count For Twitter, since Twitter generally stopped counting shares in November 2015

Upgrade Instructions:
[wmtech] Social Share Privacy - Installation, Upgrade & Usage Instructions

We strongly recommend to use the "File...

Read the rest of this update entry...

After upgrading to XenForo 1.5.3 and doing the File Health Check I got this

View attachment 123088

This has nothing to do with XF 1.5.3. It seems you have missed to upload the "wmt_shariff.php" file with all the other files of the add-on when you last updated it.

Please simply upload the wmt_shariff.php file from the package you have installed at your server (we recommend to use the latest version).

gplus.webp

I am using Font Awesome 4.5.0. is the most current version at the moment. The icon is different for google + How would I change the padding. Making them align properly?

Merge post:
Another issue I am finding is when viewed on my desktop with code in extra css they do not honor hidden. for resonsive.
Code:
.pagenode_container .sharePage {
  display: none !important;
}
but, they do not respect visibility hidden on mobile view. Seems toggles in options do not work for me.

Edit:
Code:
.Responsive .pagenode_container .sharePage {
  display: none !important;
}
Fixes my issue. Still no solution for new font awesome icons.

my google share.webp

Replaced fa-google-plus with fa-google in socshapri.min.js
note: this will show

File Health Check

Potential Problems
  1. js/wmtech/socialshareprivacy/socshapri.min.jsFile does not contain expected contents.
However it shows, just ignore until it gets an update or change Hash (or checksum) to suit.

EXTRA.css
Code:
.shariff .googleplus .fa-google {
    font-size: 20px
}

Last edited:
doing some google related stuff and they are calling out your plugin for amp errors.
any update you could do in order to fix this or something quick we can do?
a8a08a223ff34fa0b9d811c08d1d016c.png

We did not experience such problems with installations at our sites. But it is true that we set the target value in some <A> tags to "wmtech" to force the opening of links in the same new window with that name.

You may simply disregard this "error" in Google WMT or change the "target" value to another setting (maybe "_new" to force the opening of the links in new windows). Please open a support ticket at our site https://wmtech.net/ if you need help for this.

Just turned on PHP 7.1 and i'm now getting the following error every minute or so

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use lexical variable $eventName as a parameter name - library/WMTech/SocialSharePrivacy/shariff-backend/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Event/Emitter.php:48

Reverting to PHP 7.0 makes it go away.

Last edited:
Just turned on PHP 7.1 and i'm now getting the following error every minute or so

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot use lexical variable $eventName as a parameter name - library/WMTech/SocialSharePrivacy/shariff-backend/vendor/guzzlehttp/guzzle/src/Event/Emitter.php:48

Reverting to PHP 7.0 makes it go away.

This add-on is our only add-on which is currently not fit for PHP7. We recommend not to use PHP7 (or greater) with this add-on.

Partly. There are a lot of PHP7 issues in the Shariff framework we use. It will be upgraded to the latest version to solve everything with the next upgrade.

We use PHP7 and we would like to know when will the new version be released.

Last edited:
We use PHP7 and we would like to know when will the new version be released.

i use php7 and haven't had an issue with this.
The only thing i haven't seen is the counter on the number of shares, but, i think i have that disabled.

This add-on is not compatible with PHP7. You will see warnings and errors in your PHP log if you use it with PHP7. Also maybe the counters won't work.

An update for the included external library (which is the culprit for PHP7 issues) is in the works. The update will remove PHP 5.4 and PHP 5.5 compatibility. You will need to use at least PHP 5.6 after the next update.

Will there be any updates for this add-on? Using PHP 7 and getting the same errors as @thumped

This add-on is the last add-on made by us which not compatible with PHP 7 at the moment. It will be updated to support PHP7 ASAP.

It won't be updated for XF2, since XF2 changed the way sharing works and does no longer automatically send your data to Facebook, etc any longer.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Social Share Privacy with a new update entry:

v1.1.7: PHP 7 Combatibility, AddThis Button

> Version 1.1.7 <
PHP 7 Compatibility Release & a New AddThis Button & Share Count

This upgrade is recommended for all customers except those using PHP versions smaller than 5.6.

Changelog:

NEW: Now compatible with PHP 7 (7.0, 7.1 and 7.2)
NEW: Minimum PHP version raised to 5.6
NEW: Removed Share Count For Google+, since Google+ generally stopped counting shares in November 2017
NEW: Added button for AddThis...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom