Windows 8.1

It's not a ecosystem because of just the OS because of the rest of the things that all windows devices share:

MS Office (works fine)
Flash (not important anymore)
Metro UI (horrible)
Apps (horrible)
Skydrive (who cares)
Bing services in OS (horrible)
Xbox one and the entertainment suite (who cares)

Quite the Laundry list of crappy software.
Microsoft can't even do Windows properly anymore.
I thought Windows was re-energized after Windows 7.

MS Office (works fine)
Flash (not important anymore)
Metro UI (horrible)
Apps (horrible)
Skydrive (who cares)
Bing services in OS (horrible)
Xbox one and the entertainment suite (who cares)

Quite the Laundry list of crappy software.
Microsoft can't even do Windows properly anymore.
I thought Windows was re-energized after Windows 7.

I totally agree. What's even more funny is that it's been proven that Windows runs better on a Mac than it does on a PC. Everything Apple makes and releases all seem to seamlessly work together with no issues. The same can't be said about MS products.

MS is hard at work trying to convince people that Windows 8 is great. I've given it so many tries that at this point I've managed to convince myself the program directors got heavy into drug use and hired interns from Fisher-Price to design everything.

MS is hard at work trying to convince people that Windows 8 is great. I've given it so many tries that at this point I've managed to convince myself the program directors got heavy into drug use and hired interns from Fisher-Price to design everything.

I totally agree with you. Windows 8.x is honestly only good if you have a touch screen laptop/desktop. The interface is just horrible.

I just think its funny that Windows hasn't even caught up to Apple and they're claiming an "ecosystem". Talk to me when your new OS release is only $10 and downloads in 15 minutes. Or when you have something like the iCloud button on Safari, where I can pick up browsing right where I left off on any other device. And thank goodness for the iCloud keychain. Now I don't have to remember passwords on anything. In time, Skydrive MIGHT evolve to where iCloud is now. And anyone claiming apps is a benefit over MacOS/iOS loses all credibility for that statement alone.

Windows is playing catch-up - and doing a piss poor job of it. Switched to Mac two years ago, kicking and screaming, but now I'll never go back to a windows powered anything.

My dad asked me to install Windows 8 on his desktop, I told him it would be confusing for you since it got no start button. But I think he can handle it now. Although, I heard 8.1 is very buggy.

Did you really expect anything else..? MS releases are always riddled with bugs , everyone who installs a newly released OS from them is an MS Beta tester.. Your just paying for the privilege.. :whistle:

Regards...

The worst release was XP. It was a pain in the ass for two years before it got good. Windows 7 has probably been the only Microsoft OS I've ever used (Since 3.1) that blew me away the first time I used it.

All I know is MS has ruined me on Windows with 8 then 8.1. I went out and bought a MacBook Pro after spending 3 days on 8.1. I can't stand it and I am not going back. Now of course I will install a version of Windows on here just to be able to do a couple of things but it will be Windows 7.
Combination of no great laptop monitor (for photo editing) and Win8 is what prompted me to make my first ever trip to the Apple Store....

IMG_20131209_185540.webp

Windows 8 is the best "windows OS" to date. You must be doing something wrong if you think its crap. Everything works, stuff is easy to use and find. :)
Yes it's not as bad as most make it out to be, however they changed so much with the UI that since I anyways have to learn a new interface I might as well explore other [OS] options.

Yes it's not as bad as most make it out to be, however they changed so much with the UI that since I anyways have to learn a new interface I might as well explore other [OS] options.
Sure new OS's is all good no problem with that.

Also what has changed? the start button? everything else the same as in windows 7

Windows 8.1 clearly doesn't work. Clean install of Windows 8.1 Pro boots into a blue screen of nothing. Tried upgrading various drivers in safe mode - no change. I give up.

Sure new OS's is all good no problem with that.

Also what has changed? the start button? everything else the same as in windows 7
Are you using it on a touch screen, laptop, desktop? I had it on a [non touch screen] laptop.

A lot actually changed. They're trying to run all the settings through that panel on the right, which is very slimmed down. While you can still use the old way, you have to manually go hunt those setting windows down as the defaults go to this new one. The other gripe I have about it is how nothing was consistent. Sometimes it goes to the dashboard/tile thingy other times to the desktop etc. Oh and that dashboard/tile thingy is confusing as hell. :confused:

Top Bottom