Windows 10 Beta Tester

What I did was go to the Microsoft Download page and just download the install helper for Windows 10 and I did it that wait. I am so impatient so I did it myself. I got my Windows 10 copy :) I love it too. I am apart of the Windows Insider Program so I do have the tech preview on another computer but I am very pleased so far with what I have. :) Good stuff to be honest.

Edit:

This is the direct link to the Windows page for it if your interested :)

Windows 10

Upgraded last night from win 8.1 to 10 without issue. I tested it previously, but it was good to see it in action on my main system in all it's glory. Everything remained working and not one incompatibility issue.

Now waiting for the dx12 coded games to appear later on in the year. :D

Updated yesterday and have been using it since.

I like it. It works very well so far. Startup speed has improved a lot since Windows 7 and especially as I'm using a five year old machine.

Last edited:
I'm loving it on the work station. Couldn't get it to install at home, failed for some weird reason and I had work to do so I didn't bother looking into it more lol. I'll try again later. I notice a speed improvement for sure.

Yeah well, it's possible to turn them off anyway.

Oh well, I guess I'll upgrade to Win 10 in another month or two.
Windows 8.1 is pretty good. It works just fine, and 8's hybrid boot was the first reason as to why I fell in love with it (I'm on an old laptop, you see, booting fresh takes so long). Though the metro apps quite pissed me off since it wasn't possible not to work in a maximized version of the apps.

The Surveillance State Goes Mainstream:

Windows 10 Is Watching (& Logging) Everything

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...stream-windows-10-watching-logging-everything

o_O

It's always been the cool, "Hip" thing to find fault with Microsoft or <insert any large corp here>. Even when they did a lot correctly but you know, it's cool and a growing trend since the 1600's when Galileo invented or rather improved the telescope. You tell me which company (large INET corp) that doesn't conduct some kind of spying on you? Everyone is doing it, it's just part of the everyday life.

I don't work for Microsoft, They just did good this time with Windows 10 (especially for gamers) *Applauds AMD* for kick-starting Microsoft into gear and getting DX12 out with it's opened Stuff for developers to improve performance for games and squeezing more juice from our hardware. R.I.P Mantle. :D

sounds like you are working for Micro$oft

:cautious:

I wouldn't say jumpy, just something we're all been aware of for a long time. It's a little slice of normality if your hearing what I'm saying.

It's a good OS. Many good improvements and I've been providing feedback almost daily which I find to be nice since the feedback is shaping up the OS to be a nice development journey.

<off-topic> Caught a 23lb common carp yesterday. #infonobodycaresabout

When a OS get shipped with mass surveillance tools including keylogger, automatically copies your files then its time to think about where its heading. Sure most things can be turned off at this time. But its still a hostile attack at your private data which I find quite offensive. The short history of the net has repeatedly showed us that such privacy intrusions lead to mass hacking problems. Its bound to lead to a future where everyone has access to anything private. From financial data to private photo's to sensitive personal information. I don't think its up to a OS provider to decide that. But that may be me...

sounds like you are working for Micro$oft

:cautious:

I thought we'd all stopped doing the "Micro$oft" nonsense a decade ago, but thanks for bringing back that antique :)

When a OS get shipped with mass surveillance tools including keylogger, automatically copies your files then its time to think about where its heading. Sure most things can be turned off at this time. But its still a hostile attack at your private data which I find quite offensive. The short history of the net has repeatedly showed us that such privacy intrusions lead to mass hacking problems. Its bound to lead to a future where everyone has access to anything private. From financial data to private photo's to sensitive personal information. I don't think its up to a OS provider to decide that. But that may be me...

Those are great points, it is a bit of a worrying trend. It doesn't bother me so much at this stage, because (as I said) it can be turned off, but there's no reason that this couldn't change in the future. Time to invest in encryption software, I guess...

It's always been the cool, "Hip" thing to find fault with Microsoft or <insert any large corp here>. Even when they did a lot correctly but you know, it's cool and a growing trend since the 1600's when Galileo invented or rather improved the telescope. You tell me which company (large INET corp) that doesn't conduct some kind of spying on you? Everyone is doing it, it's just part of the everyday life.

I don't work for Microsoft, They just did good this time with Windows 10 (especially for gamers) *Applauds AMD* for kick-starting Microsoft into gear and getting DX12 out with it's opened Stuff for developers to improve performance for games and squeezing more juice from our hardware. R.I.P Mantle. :D

I wouldn't say jumpy, just something we're all been aware of for a long time. It's a little slice of normality if your hearing what I'm saying.

It's a good OS. Many good improvements and I've been providing feedback almost daily which I find to be nice since the feedback is shaping up the OS to be a nice development journey.

<off-topic> Caught a 23lb common carp yesterday. #infonobodycaresabout
FishBrain | AngelList

Been enjoying Win 10 since early March, few issues but that's to be expected but it now seems really solid. Definitely a great release and an enjoyable upgrade from Win 7, I skipped Win 8 on my PC and was glad to ditch it on the wife's PC.

I don't even know how to turn off those settings so if someone could point me in the right direction to do that, that would be wonderful.

Also I'm loving it so far except for the times Cortana decides to listen to what I'm saying and bing something when I'm in the middle of a game (usually yelling or laughing or just being dumb with friends when she thinks I say "hey cortana").

Top Bottom