Windows 10 Beta Tester

Collecting data is nothing new or exclusive to Microsoft. Practically every company requires it. Xenforo does, your utility companies do too even down to every other service you pay for. In some fashion, data is something companies have collected long before the Inet. Don't take my word for it, how much spam gets shoved through your letterbox everyday with your name and address on it? Long before Microsoft was even here. Let's Blame MS for that too. :P
The only difference is....

1. It's cool to hate on Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook (insert any large corp here to ride the cool train>.

2. Black Ops 3 (beta) is pretty damn good - I'm coming from Advanced Warfare which is one annoying game I can't put down and BO3 Is such a more fluid polished game. <Off-Topic>

It's easier to not use a service if your not 100% happy with it's policy.

I dont use cortana, and I disable service that use my data. So no problem.

Google use the same thing. If you like to browse tech news, you will see tech ad in gmail.
If you have a lot of tech topic in your mail, you will see tech ad in gmail.

So google reading our cookies and internet habit, and email too.
The main differences...

Google is basically a group of web-services and APIs and when you turn on your computer you are not forced to tell google anything nor even visit one of their WEB properties...

Windows has always been a paid product, the loyal user base has always been their biggest asset and it appears that by default they are setting up new versions of windows to exploit their user base who is mostly locked into windows and cashing in on that asset in an attempt to double dip first by desktop twice by net...

The approach is blatantly disrespectful and projects an aura of 'we are selling you stuff, then literally selling you when you use our stuff to operate your hardware'.

If you don't think it is ugly stupid and blatantly disrespectful...then tell KMC to throw some ads (their AD prop of course) in your XF ACP along with a news feed and a mechanism so they can know whenever you login or commit to an action on your forum backend and use it to market you along with your identifiers used to purchase the software along to other 3rd parties so they can make more money.

In fact....why don't we go ahead and just hide EVERYTHING concerning actual operations and functions of the acp and replace it with a slideshow and a news feed explaining why Kim Kardashian likes stretch pants that make her pee herself or how the NY times thinks I should be naked in public and how to practice alone first.

Yea that's what we should be doing...ahhh productivity.

It's nice to see things getting done.

The main differences...

Google is basically a group of web-services and APIs and when you turn on your computer you are not forced to tell google anything nor even visit one of their WEB properties...

Windows has always been a paid product, the loyal user base has always been their biggest asset and it appears that by default they are setting up new versions of windows to exploit their user base who is mostly locked into windows and cashing in on that asset in an attempt to double dip first by desktop twice by net...

The approach is blatantly disrespectful and projects an aura of 'we are selling you stuff, then literally selling you when you use our stuff to operate your hardware'.

If you don't think it is ugly stupid and blatantly disrespectful...then tell KMC to throw some ads (their AD prop of course) in your XF ACP along with a news feed and a mechanism so they can know whenever you login or commit to an action on your forum backend and use it to market you along with your identifiers used to purchase the software along to other 3rd parties so they can make more money.

In fact....why don't we go ahead and just hide EVERYTHING concerning actual operations and functions of the acp and replace it with a slideshow and a news feed explaining why Kim Kardashian likes stretch pants that make her pee herself or how the NY times thinks I should be naked in public and how to practice alone first.

Yea that's what we should be doing...ahhh productivity.

It's nice to see things getting done.

Regarding Microsoft - That's just the way of the world (for companies). For me personally, I may not like some of their questionable policies but it's more about acceptance because it doesn't matter how much we may dislike x-policy there's not a great deal I or we can do about it. Well, other than the fact that we revert back to previous versions or look at other OS but the same policy changes if not already ongoing will soon arrive to them too. That's where the additional income, consistent flowing income comes from by exploiting the consumer who may not like but 99% will still happily purchase. Where a global nation of whiners despite the hypocrisy (which I'm quite guilty of doing myself).

I don't know how many titles I bought from EA but yet they shut their servers down on games and I/we still buy their games. I think I can confidently say "we" - We all still purchase their titles no matter how much we dislike them.

Quite a lot of it is our own fault really. The consumer. Bit like Facebook (I personally don't use it) but it's another instance of a company people despise yet they achieved another milestone yesterday or a few days ago (1 billion users in one day visiting) I think it was, don't quote me on that.

NEWSFLASH - Kim Kardashian just got her nails done. Wooooah!! I gotta run and read *sighs* :cry:

I don't think it is any of their business. That is one issue that prevents me from upgrading to Windows 10.
And if you've ever used Google, Facebook or almost any other online service, they already have you on record. Win10 is collecting info, but there's a bit of FUD regarding it; it's really no worse than what was going on in 8, 7, Vista, or XP.

There was a similar uproar about a year or two ago when Canonical introduced Unity to Ubuntu, which also had Web searches integrated into their launchpad, and people were talking about how Ubuntu was "spying" on you. Know what happened? Nothing... Because ultimately, the same people concerned about their privacy didn't want to not have the convenience that those features added.

The only way to ensure your privacy isn't compromised in some way is to never use a computer. Don't go on Facebook. Don't use Siri. Don't trust companies like DuckDuckGo. It's unfortunate, but that's the world we're living in.

Top Bottom