Windows 10 Beta Tester

Seems to be much better than Win 8 which follows the usual Microsoft release pattern of 1 good OS, 1 awful OS (XP good, Vista awful, 7 good, 8 awful, 10 good!).

Hopefully it's a sign of good things to come :rolleyes:

Vista wasn't that bad. Generally, the people who bad mouth the OS are those who don't know what they're doing to begin with. Granted, MS could have done things much better, but I never had a single issue with Vista.

Vista wasn't that bad. Generally, the people who bad mouth the OS are those who don't know what they're doing to begin with. Granted, MS could have done things much better, but I never had a single issue with Vista.
I will admit I tested vista very early in its release cycle (ie just as it was released to public) and had issues with it. I then downgrades back to XP and didn't try it again; though I do hear it improved over time.

I will admit I tested vista very early in its release cycle (ie just as it was released to public) and had issues with it.
Some of my devices did not work with it.
A few months later they fixed it and Vista worked without any faults.

I will admit I tested vista very early in its release cycle (ie just as it was released to public) and had issues with it. I then downgrades back to XP and didn't try it again; though I do hear it improved over time.

It depends. I had a great experience with Vista. However there was some hardware, I do not care who you are, it ran horribly on. On the better part of the experience there were common issues that were not fixed until 7. Anyone who hates Vista also hates windows 7, it was forced rebranding for a service pack and it only needed to exist for the idiot consumer.

I tested the Beta and Release Candidate (actually have the mailed disc's) and it was rock solid. The RTM was a disaster in comparison on my end. They actually took a working product and destroyed it somehow.

Great opening argument. I thought vista was an absolute dog, unbelievably slow and unstable, perhaps I got a Chinese version made and shipped from the remote regions by the good people of China. For me, it's one of Microsoft's blunders (up there with Millennium).

I liked Win7 Never hated that. I didn't like windows 8 but liked win 8.1 to the point I ignore the touch/mobile stuff, so I can't really see the logic that if you hated Vista you have to hate win 7. Wouldn't that be akin to if you hated one php piece of software you hated them all?

Win 10 - Shaping up very nicely imo and I'll be updating to it on day 1 or as soon as Microsoft uploads the files and makes it available to me, a vast improvement over their existing OS, imo of course.

Looking forward to using Windows 10. Didn't get to be a beta tester but I did sign up for the release that's scheduled for next week. I don't hate Windows 8.1 (although 8.0 was garbage) but I did prefer Windows 7 over either. Hopefully I will like 10., seems to get mostly positive reviews so far.

Looking forward to using Windows 10. Didn't get to be a beta tester but I did sign up for the release that's scheduled for next week. I don't hate Windows 8.1 (although 8.0 was garbage) but I did prefer Windows 7 over either. Hopefully I will like 10., seems to get mostly positive reviews so far.
Pretty much anyone was able to sign into the insider program. Might be worth looking at for future versions.

Windows XP - :D
Windows Vista - :eek:
Windows 7 - :D
Windows 8 - :eek:
Windows 10 - :notworthy:

That's how some people in my gaming community feel anyway :)

I personally don't mind Windows 8.1. I've had no issues with it.

To be fair most people that tried some newer versions of windows for the first time didn't expect to feel like they were using a tablet or a phone since they were at a desktop and as such it doesn't seem like they were the confused ones.

Anyways, I have not tried 10 recently, when they first let people get their hands on it I was...not happy to say the least and decided 7 was where I was staying.

You are right though, I don't know what I am doing, like... should I make someone a style today, or go back to building an application in C, really sucks not knowing what I am doing to begin with.

Playing around with OS X El Capitan Public Beta and Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview latest build through VMware Fusion 7.1.1. El Capitan: My Spotlight froze or just wouldn't work. Although I have 16GB of RAM, it's probably due to the amount of windows, desktops and tabs I had open. Windows 10: I'm not happy with the customization of the start menu. Took me way too long to remove tiles and resize the menu. It's not intuitive enough. That was my first time however, still shouldn't have taken that long. I don't like the long gap between my account pic and menu items.

Last edited:
Yup, another Windows Insider user here - Windows 10 looks like it's shaping up to be a decent OS so far, although many of the changes/improvements will only be seen further down the road (as the app store will actually be quite good soon, I suspect).

I've got a XF forum on it here, if any of you are interested: Windows 10 Forums

Eh? I use 95, 98, ME, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 8 and had no problem. All printer, HDD, USB, camera, etc etc works.

I use 95-98 in my father laptop, got free ME and 2000 license from my father office (he does not want to use that OS)

XP got from my first laptop (OEM), I bought 7 and got 8 from my second laptop (OEM)

...not sure if serious. ^

[Edit] Did you mean you "used" those, like.. in the past.. when they weren't 20 years old? Lol
Well I am :D

-edit-

Ehh yeah. I mean that. I use 95-98 back to '90-'00 Well I'm not great at grammar and english is not my primary language.

Last edited:
Top Bottom