Will you buy an ipad 2?

I could see the point of an iPad much more if it was 1/2 of a laptop. Detachable stand alone iPad, with mating keyboard... think of it as a iPad 'cover' which is actually a keyboard like a laptop.

I do see specific uses for an iPad, but I do not have the need.

We already have the iPad and won't get the iPad2, don't need the new goodies that come with it. Besides, we can get the new operating system so will get some of the new functions, just not the slimmer design or the camera Don't need the camera as we use either our iPhone or our DSLR. And while the slimmer design would be nice, it's not necessary. Other than thinner, they are both about the same height and width, I just checked and there is not enough difference to notice unless you stack one on the other.

And we already have a MacBook Air in the house, that's dh's laptop computer.

Yes

the Best things

1- Mac OS as Operating System
2- iPhone as Best cell phone
3- iPad as best Tablet
4- XenForo as Best forum software
5- Samsung as Best LCD and LED TV
6- Audi as Best Car

I have the iPad 1, typing from in now and love it. I have no use for the camera or FaceTime on the iPad. as stated earlier, I will also upgrade all software versions when they are released. I'm actually not too impressed with the new version. When it has expandable memory and a USB port I will be more inclined to upgrade models.

I might get one. I have been waiting for the new release. I am working on a graduate degree. I need some of the features for my research with low vision students. Apple's biggest draw currently is the breadth of their application. I would like to have the iPad2, but smaller. I'm still going to wait awhile and see how the competition settles out.

It is hard to beat Apple's quality regardless of the price.

Jeff

I might get one. I have been waiting for the new release. I am working on a graduate degree. I need some of the features for my research with low vision students. Apple's biggest draw currently is the breadth of their application. I would like to have the iPad2, but smaller. I'm still going to wait awhile and see how the competition settles out.

It is hard to beat Apple's quality regardless of the price.

Jeff

There are companies that produce hardware comparable to Apple -- Asus and Lenovo (Thinkpad) immediately come to mind. It's not the devices themselves. The iPod didn't succeed because of the iPod. The iPhone was inadequate when it launched. The iPad succeeded because of everything that came before it.

I'm not really disagreeing, and don't get me wrong, these are great devices. I even own a few. They work well, and look nice, but alone, any of these products are okay. It's everything around them that matters (e.g., iTunes, Apple Retail Store, iOS App store, Mac App Store, etc.).

Apple has a knack for paying attention to the small details, both with their hardware and software, which is what sets them apart. But, to say the quality of their devices can't be beat, well that simply isn't true (again, Thinkpad, the U36Jc and even the Zune are examples of that).

Anyway to answer the question, no I won't be buying an iPad2.

Sweetener for some:

If you bought the iPad very recently, you may qualify for a $100
refund.

Apple is offering $100 back to customers who purchased the iPad at its former
price, an Apple customer-service rep confirmed to CNET today. The refund, which
will be applied to a person's credit card, applies to all versions of the
first-generation iPad.

Of course, there is a catch. According to the customer-service rep, Apple is
offering the $100 refund only to those who purchased the last-gen tablet within

iPad 2

. The customer-service rep wouldn't nail down a date, but the cut-off​
would seemingly be February 16.

Here's the best deal going!

p2976_extra3.gif

I was like many here: Didn't see the point in the iPad and Apples methodology has always grated on me so on that principal alone I hadn't ever bought anything of theirs. Then I caved in last fall and got one for my son for his 18th. 2 weeks later I made my first personal Apple purchase: iPads for Mrs. Geek and I. Have since moved on to the new iPod as replacement for my mp3 player. In short, the iPad (which I was fairly vocal against) really got me. I travel a lot and to be honest, hardly take my laptop with me anymore. In fact, had my laptop with me the past weekend and felt like I was lugging around a desktop as I was so used to only taking my iPad with me.

For consuming content (emails, documents, surfing, etc...) an iPad is MUCH faster, lighter and easier than a laptop/desktop but of course it fails at creating much content. If that suits how you work/travel (like it does me) then you simply can't beat it. When my business partner comes over from the states, he now never brings his laptop. Ever. In fact, a lot of people I know are like that now. Why lug a big ass lappy round if all you're doing is readinbg emails, watching videos, listening to music, etc...

I never thought I would EVER say this, but I'll certainly be getting the new iPad :)

It's on my wish list for xmas next year, however it prob be iPad 3.5 or something. at the rate they seem to crank out things.

Not me. I have an iPhone and I don't think Apple has done a good job explaining to me why I need one.
It's not a question of need, it's a question of want.
I still don't have a need for a tablet.

Add: Still don't want. Maybe if I saw remote desktop I might reconsider.
I still have plenty of years out of my 15" Macbook Pro to go.

Top Bottom