Will you buy an ipad 2?

Check this article on the subject (CNET) - Why Android tablets aren't selling

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-20062940-64.html
Personally, I strongly believe that the popularity of the iPhone has alot to do with the popularity of the iPad.

99% of the people who have an iPhone, love their iPhone. So, if you love your iPhone so much, why go buy an Android (or any other brand) tablet?
Of course they're going to stick with what they know and love. iPhone = iPad.

Personally, I strongly believe that the popularity of the iPhone has alot to do with the popularity of the iPad.

99% of the people who have an iPhone, love their iPhone. So, if you love your iPhone so much, why go buy an Android (or any other brand) tablet?
Of course they're going to stick with what they know and love. iPhone = iPad.
The same goes for people who have an Android, or want a tablet, but do not want the iPad.

The same goes for people who have an Android, or want a tablet, but do not want the iPad.

Of course. People tend to stick with tried-and-true brands. If you love Android phones, the odds are very favorable that you'll purchase an Android tablet. Why?
Because you know, and are happy with, the brand.

BTW, has anyone checked out that Blackberry tablet? It's pretty darn sharp.

Yes I had an ipad first version and liked the ipad 2 so well I ended up buying two of them... one for the wife and one for me.

they are hands down the best tablet out and this coming from an android dev and guru... lol

To add to this... the problem with android tablets is until just recently they were making them all smaller then 10".... that was a big issue imo. They now have a couple of 10" tabs out and while they are better, the real issue is when you want to use it, there just aren't any apps out for it yet that are worth it. Many android developers also have and love ipad's, until more apps are developed android in tablet form will be in the back seat for a while. This is also the reason that google just gave away 5000 of the samsung 10.1 tablets at the I/O, in hopes that these developers will create apps for it.

Yes I had an ipad first version and liked the ipad 2 so well I ended up buying two of them... one for the wife and one for me.

they are hands down the best tablet out and this coming from an android dev and guru... lol

To add to this... the problem with android tablets is until just recently they were making them all smaller then 10".... that was a big issue imo. They now have a couple of 10" tabs out and while they are better, the real issue is when you want to use it, there just aren't any apps out for it yet that are worth it. Many android developers also have and love ipad's, until more apps are developed android in tablet form will be in the back seat for a while. This is also the reason that google just gave away 5000 of the samsung 10.1 tablets at the I/O, in hopes that these developers will create apps for it.
To bad the sync software doesn't recognize it currently :mad:.

... I'm planning on buying one just as soon as we get cash not earmarked for something else.

I recently, at long last, got all our CDs ripped into iTunes on the Mini Server in our office (which is on the second floor). The next step is to buy an AirPort Express and an iPad. I'll plug in the APE downstairs and install Remote on the iPad, and we'll be able to stream music to our cheap-o surround system. What's more, the APE will serve as a bridge to our upstairs router, so our satellite DVR will finally be able to connect to the internet and download new firmware.

That's the plan anyway. :D

As for the iPad, though: we considered using an iPod or iPhone for the remote, but I think we'd both prefer a bigger screen to browse through our music collection. Also I've got a bunch of O'Reilly ebooks that I'd love to read while lazing on the sofa downstairs. For this sort of thing, I think a pad really makes sense.

Now if only Apple would do something really innovative ... like a mid-tower Mac that'll fit on a desktop. :p

Hmm, that's certainly something to keep in mind. I don't really think I need a camera.

Can't see myself taking it on the road to snap the scenery, either. ;)

Er, yeah! I'd forgotten about that. It'd be nice to be able to Skype/Facetime from the living room.

That's also good advice. Hmm, there goes another $100, maybe.

Top Bottom