Will Xenforo's price higher

kingofseo

Hello Community,

I've a question about xenforo will the xenforo's price higher like vbulletin when they release a new version of vb price is always higher.

Thanks

Hello Community,

I've a question about xenforo will the xenforo's price higher like vbulletin when they release a new version of vb price is always higher.

Thanks
XenForo is really different from vBulletin, don't you see it?

All companies have their own sales policies. XF is really cheap so I don't see which is the problem if they increase the price, it worth every penny.

It would be nice... but not a normal to be expected. All things normally increase in price with time. I'm honestly surprised that it's been as stable for as long as it has. As for bang for the buck, it's worth a LOT more.
Probably have a goal to meet certain market share, and only then increase the price. I guess XF 2.0 would cost differently, and may even require current license holders to pay in order to upgrade (which I think is reasonable).

True enough.

It also doesn't say anything about the price of the subsequent support/upgrade renewal so regardless of the License Agreement they'd be more than within their rights to increase that.

vBulletin uses a different price scheme altogether so its not even worth comparing against. Xenforo is similar to IPB's scheme where you have the initial purchase and after a year updates and support require renewal. The initial cost is cheaper while the short part of the long term can be a little more expensive. Once spread across major versions and many years its still the cheaper option for the customer and better cash flow for continued development.

I can't seem to find the current terms on vB but pretty sure they switched to a major version license. You buy 5 you get updates to 5 but when 6 comes out welcome to a major upgrade cost. Where as with Xenforo you pay your renewal which is currently 40 bucks and your going to have 2.0 if your license would have expired by then. Its hard to sell certain people on renewal costs sometimes but really its cheaper.

Top Bottom