Wii U

The wii controller was a "game changer" (pun unintended), I loved it the first game I tried it (Wii Sports Resort Table tennis). I had never heard of the Wii until it was out.

ORLY ?
http://mashable.com/2012/01/26/nintendo-sale/

I guess time will tell how well the WiiU does in terms of sales.

To me the next logical device would be Kinect, but with something else to make it "work better". To me, that would be Kinect plus a Motion Controller. By the time Nintendo's tablet controller comes out, everyone will already have an Android or Apple tablet.
Yes, the 3DS is still slow, relatively speaking, but it's still improved drastically from when it was first introduced, which is what I was saying. It also took a considerable amount of time for the DS to become a major hit.

When people use it for voice chat during online gameplay they should be brought out behind the shed.... Nothing more annoying than hearing yourself through feedback on someones tv. The concept is cool but it does not compare to using a joystick except for in the simplest of games....and this is coming from a person who's favorite console currently happens to be the 360. It still needs work IMHO and you should not waste your money unless this is for a young child or for some adult social use with friends and drinks and pretzels and the like. If you play games like COD, BF, or anything like those this is pointless for you. These kinds of interface devices are still years behind the point of optimal usage.

Does anyone use Kinect? Does it really have any real value?
I have tried out Kinect at Best Buy, but I don't really like the sensing technology at this point. The tech itself is nice, but it needs a lot of work before it is deemed as perfect.

It's nice but it doesn't have any value in my opinion.

What games or .. what movements in what games does it work for ?
What games or .. what movements in what games does does the kinect not do so well ?

It doesn't work well with games that aren't built just for it, but that's the devs problems since they are lazy.

It works best with the dance games, official kinect games, etc.

Wii U - graphics not as powerful as current gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360.
Uh oh. that can't be good.

While few people truly know what Nintendo's upcoming console is capable of, development sources have claimed in recent weeks that Wii U's graphics "are just not as powerful" as PS3's or Xbox 360's, while we were told that it struggles to match current-gen consoles when it comes to processor intensive game systems such as complicated physics and AI.
A Nintendo of America spokesperson neither confirmed nor denied these reports in a statement issued to Digital Trends, saying:

"We do not focus on technology specs. We understand that people like to dissect graphics and processing power, but the experience of playing will always be more important than raw numbers."

Supposedly leaked emails from both Japanese and US retailers suggest Nintendo plans to release Wii U in North America on November 18.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342815/nintendo-on-wii-u-power-we-dont-focus-on-tech-specs/

===============================

Hoping Nintendo hasn't made any mistakes, considering I've invested a bit in my XenForo powered website. ;)

I'm not as concerned about the power of the device. That didn't stop the Wii from being successful and it wasn't even in HD.

Wii sales were incredible.
Wii U is going to be a major fall from grace.
The original Wii controller was genius.
The new controller lacks ingenuity and usefulness. It's a quirky controller that major game manufacturers will not

Sorry Nintendo, people have tablets already. They won't want your expensive one. Apple has gobbled up the "small game" "app" market. Xbox 720, PS4 will gobble up the gamers. Nintendo is going to get the short end of the stick. It's just a matter of how short it will be.

wii.u.controller.webp

This looks like a wii version of a popular ipod game (I forget the name).

I don't know how you can come to such conclusions unless you've personally tested out the console, which I highly doubt.

Many, many people originally assumed the Wii would be a huge failure, and they were wrong. And even before Apple released the original iPad, many felt it would fail because it wasn't different enough from notebooks and netbooks. And again, they were wrong.

We won't know whether or not the Wii-U succeeds or not until it's actually on retail store shelves.

We won't know whether or not the Wii-U succeeds or not until it's actually on retail store shelves.
I'm 100% guessing.

My opinion is mine alone .... that being said ...
Nintendo's stock price dropped 10% right after the WiiU product announcement.
So I guess that MASSIVE drop was just a hysterical miscalculation on the part of investors ?
So the Wii U plans were deemed unimpressive by more than just myself.

Why don't you make a guess ?

Wii U - graphics not as powerful as current gen consoles PS3 and Xbox 360.
Uh oh. that can't be good.

While few people truly know what Nintendo's upcoming console is capable of, development sources have claimed in recent weeks that Wii U's graphics "are just not as powerful" as PS3's or Xbox 360's, while we were told that it struggles to match current-gen consoles when it comes to processor intensive game systems such as complicated physics and AI.
A Nintendo of America spokesperson neither confirmed nor denied these reports in a statement issued to Digital Trends, saying:

Supposedly leaked emails from both Japanese and US retailers suggest Nintendo plans to release Wii U in North America on November 18.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342815/nintendo-on-wii-u-power-we-dont-focus-on-tech-specs/

===============================
Nintendo's products have been primarily focused on gameplay, not graphics. While nice graphics would be great to have, it's never been their focus. There are tons of games out there that people have a bunch of fun with and don't complain about the graphics.

Now if only they could have a decent online experience...

I also like how he said not as good as current gen ones, which Nintendo said they would be. They just won't be up to par with the next gen consoles that Microsoft and Sony are coming out with.

I guess success could be considered as ...
(1) what percentage of Wii users will buy a Wii U ?
(2) Total Wii U sales and what profit margin per unit.

Top Bottom