Wii U

@Shelley - I might get the Wii U just for it. It looks amazing.
Nintendo shot themselves in the foot not getting Mario Kart 8 ready for Christmas 2013.

I agree.

I still think quite a few people will purchase it regardless of the date (spring release I still think is the date) but I would have liked to have seen a 2013 release date. I'm still going to purchase the Wii U solely for this game though, that's still on the cards.

My son kicks my butt in Mario Kart .... it's hillarious how good he is.
But he told me Mario Kart Black "wasn't for kids" because of the back cover of Princess Peach.

CKBE88.png

http://mariomods.com/mario-kart-black/

So Christmas has come and gone and my kid's Wii-U is setup. Let me tell you, getting that thing to connect to Wifi was a *****. And from the amount of search results I received when searching for a solution, I'm not the only person. Apart from that, the kids are loving it. I haven't had a chance to play around with it myself, but seems like a win for us.

I don't remember having issues setting up WiFi on mine, but wouldn't doubt it. I would suggest buying Nintendo Land, quite a fun party game.

I don't remember having issues setting up WiFi on mine, but wouldn't doubt it. I would suggest buying Nintendo Land, quite a fun party game.
There were a lot of people with the same issue as me who ended up having to manually configure the WiFi settings. Others had to change the channel of the router. I also noticed that the default setting on my router had AES/TKIP enabled instead of just AES. When I changed it to just AES, it worked.

As for Nintendo Land, I did see that in the store and it looked like it would be fun. The kids enjoyed the Zelda demo in the store, so I'll probably grab that one, too.

sad-mario.jpg

Nintendo Confirms Wii U Has Flopped, Slashes Sales Forecast By ~70%

Nintendo has confirmed what we knew already: its unhappy controller/console combo, the Wii U, is a flop. The company said hardware sales of the Wii U had failed to reach its target during the year-end, pushing it into a third consecutive annual loss,Reuters reports.

“We failed to reach our target for hardware sales during the year-end, when revenues are the highest,” said Nintendo’s president, Satoru Iwata, at a shareholder briefing on the sales figures.

With the Wii U failing to shift off shelves — and that despite a $50 price cut last September, to $299 — Nintendo has slashed its global sales forecast for the device for the year to March 31 by almost 70%. It said it’s expecting Wii U sales to number just 2.8 million units over that period. It also cut its sales forecast for its handheld 3DS console to 13.5 million units from 18 million.

More at http://techcrunch.com/2014/01/17/wii-u-not-selling/

upload_2014-1-17_17-36-18.webp

This might be the last console Nintendo makes.

Top Bottom