Wii U

Mario Kart has never been a launch title for any Nintendo system
Interesting.

Times had changed.
Nintendo should have realized how desperate their situation was.
In retrospect, launching with Mario Kart would have helped Christmas sales.
I guess Nintendo didn't think the Wii U was going to be a flop.

and yet another, "New! Mario Bros". They needed a Legend of Zelda, a Mario Galaxy, something like that.
The New! Mario Bros. for the original Wii was awesome. I was hoping they'd release another Mario Bros. game for the Wii before the next console came out. Remember the good ole days with NES? Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3. All for the same console.

Totally agree with Legend of Zelda. And don't hate on me for saying this, but I've been waiting for a good Pokemon game for a long time.

The New! Mario Bros. for the original Wii was awesome. I was hoping they'd release another Mario Bros. game for the Wii before the next console came out. Remember the good ole days with NES? Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3. All for the same console.

Totally agree with Legend of Zelda. And don't hate on me for saying this, but I've been waiting for a good Pokemon game for a long time.

All the 3d zeldas for me were terrible. None of them ever came close to the top down snes version (apart from the one on 3ds) which had the same top/down perspective gameplay.

Didn't they release 2 Mario bros titles for the wii?

All the 3d zeldas for me were terrible. None of them ever came close to the top down snes version (apart from the one on 3ds) which had the same top/down perspective gameplay.

Didn't they release 2 Mario bros titles for the wii?
I don't think so - not that I know of anyway. I know they have a new one for the WiiU.

I don't think so - not that I know of anyway. I know they have a new one for the WiiU.

Yup, you're correct just been checking the local store. Totally agree with you I think they should have released another for the wii (since i have super maro bros) and prefer the non 3d platform mario bros titles also.

Yup, you're correct just been checking the local store. Totally agree with you I think they should have released another for the wii (since i have super maro bros) and prefer the non 3d platform mario bros titles also.
The nice thing, though, is that I have the first three original Mario Bros. games on my Wii from the virtual console :) It's always nice playing the classics :)

Interesting.

Times had changed.
Nintendo should have realized how desperate their situation was.
In retrospect, launching with Mario Kart would have helped Christmas sales.
I guess Nintendo didn't think the Wii U was going to be a flop.

I don't think any company expects their products to be a flop. If they did, they wouldn't release them. It's also easy to see what should have been done or could have been done in retrospect. And launching early isn't always the solution, such was the case with Sega Saturn. By launching early, it had hardly any games, and the ones that were ready were of poor quality. I'm sure Nintendo would have liked to release a Mario Kart game at launch, but there is no precedent for doing so and the game likely was nowhere close enough to release.

I think dedicated gaming, as a whole, is starting to die. I think mobile gaming is becoming a gigantic market, and PC gaming is making a comeback. I don't think it will be much longer until the whole idea of a "gaming machine" is a dead concept. I could be completely wrong, though. Time will tell.

I think the next generation Xbox will do well. Probably the PS4 too.
Admittedly I haven't heard their plans yet.
If xbox doubles down on kinect and hits a home run with it .... I think it could be the dominant console.

Dedicated gaming is waning. But there is enough room for 2 major players.

I remember the days when there were dozens of consoles, all with different games, and there was no Internet so you had no clue which games were good and which were not.

Actually, I don't. But those must have been some wild gaming times.

If xbox doubles down on kinect
I think Xbox doubled down on Kinect. #researching
Not sure about Sony.

I said the Wii would be a failure if it didn't have a Kinect-like device.

I think Nintendo should scrap the Wii U and make something worth buying.
.....from bgr ........ There are rumors about Wii U sales in North America slipping below 40,000 units in April. But it’s a fact that Wii U sales in its home market of Japan spiraled below 7,000 units during the week ending May 12. This is an atrocious level. The ancient PS3 sold 12,000 units and the portable console champ 3DS sold 46,000 units during the same week. The PS Vita sold 12,000 units and even its predecessor the PSP managed to top 6,000 units. This means that the closest sales comparison to the Wii U is a Sony portable console that was replaced by a newer model more than a year ago. [source]

Hoping Nintendo hasn't made any mistakes, considering I've invested a bit in my XenForo powered website. ;)
heh.
I hope you'll join me in welcoming the newest member of our forum family. Introducing the new Xbox One Forums at Xbox1forums.com. You can discuss the newest gaming system from Microsoft along with upcoming games, pricing, release dates, pre-orders and so much more.
Registration is free and we're going ad-free for the launch and the immediate future.
[source]
xbox1forums.com
good idea :)

heh.
I hope you'll join me in welcoming the newest member of our forum family. Introducing the new Xbox One Forums at Xbox1forums.com. You can discuss the newest gaming system from Microsoft along with upcoming games, pricing, release dates, pre-orders and so much more.
Registration is free and we're going ad-free for the launch and the immediate future.

[source]
xbox1forums.com
good idea :)

WiiU Community has been a complete failure. Ranking new forums seems to be hit or miss. Figured it was worth closing up another site in hopes of a new one sticking. My expectations are low, but you never know.

A GOOD ARGUMENT IS HARD TO FIND

When we reviewed the Wii U last November, we suggested readers not buy the console "just yet," due to a variety of "major missteps and half-baked ideas." Those statements, sadly, remain true today. Despite one firmware update aimed at fixing the console's speed, switching between applications (even one as simple as System Settings) is a time-consuming chore. As we stated last year in our review, the Friends List / Miiverse confusion regarding friend requests is still... confusing. There is still no standard for games and other software utilizing the console's gamepad for off-screen play. But worst of all, third-party software support has all but disappeared, which means early adopters have little to look forward to outside of first-party Nintendo games.

With Microsoft's Xbox One and Sony's PlayStation 4 arriving this holiday -- both of which offer far more powerful hardware and many of the multiplatform games found on Wii U -- the argument for Nintendo's console is less powerful than ever.

Source - http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/06/nintendo-wii-u-six-months-out/

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad-Wii-U-640x353.jpeg

Nintendo's Epic Fail — Grabbing Copyright From Its YouTube Fans
You might think that Nintendo, beleaguered by falling revenues, minuscule profit and the almost-but-not-quite-failed launch of the Wii U, already has enough problems to worry about.

And you would be wrong, as Nintendo itself set out to demonstrate last week by going out of its way to alienate a bunch of its fans on YouTube.

The fans in question make YouTube "playthrough" videos about, well, video games — features that combine elements of commentary, review, tutorial and walk-through. Some of these commentators reach millions of subscribers, and many support themselves in full or in part by running ads against their videos.

The Empire Strikes Back

This, apparently, Nintendo could not let stand. So last week, the game company began making mass copyright claims on YouTube gameplay videos — in particular, on the the popular "Let's Play" series of playthrough videos. Nintendo did so via YouTube's "Content ID" system, which allows the company to robo-claim ownership of videos that contain footage of its video games.

More at ... http://readwrite.com/2013/05/23/nintendo-goes-for-epic-fail-grabs-copyright-from-its-youtube-fans

............ [Note: Going after your fan base by attacking YouTubers ? Nintendo has their head in the sand. I guess that is obvious considering they somehow didn't see the Wii U as a failed plan from Day 1.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, that's actually old news. And all what Nintendo does is take revenue from ads of the major let's play videos. Even though you distribute copyrighted content with such video, Nintendo won't take your videos down. Unless you make lets play videos for money you have nothing to worry about.

Sad-Wii-U-640x353.jpeg

Nintendo's Epic Fail — Grabbing Copyright From Its YouTube Fans
You might think that Nintendo, beleaguered by falling revenues, minuscule profit and the almost-but-not-quite-failed launch of the Wii U, already has enough problems to worry about.

And you would be wrong, as Nintendo itself set out to demonstrate last week by going out of its way to alienate a bunch of its fans on YouTube.

The fans in question make YouTube "playthrough" videos about, well, video games — features that combine elements of commentary, review, tutorial and walk-through. Some of these commentators reach millions of subscribers, and many support themselves in full or in part by running ads against their videos.

The Empire Strikes Back

This, apparently, Nintendo could not let stand. So last week, the game company began making mass copyright claims on YouTube gameplay videos — in particular, on the the popular "Let's Play" series of playthrough videos. Nintendo did so via YouTube's "Content ID" system, which allows the company to robo-claim ownership of videos that contain footage of its video games.

More at ... http://readwrite.com/2013/05/23/nintendo-goes-for-epic-fail-grabs-copyright-from-its-youtube-fans

............ [Note: Going after your fan base by attacking YouTubers ? Nintendo has their head in the sand. I guess that is obvious considering they somehow didn't see the Wii U as a failed plan from Day 1.]

Crazy stuff what gaming companies are doing to annoy their fans, basically their bread and butter. I only just started managing watching some of the feedback of customers and reviews on youtube/twitter regarding the xboxone with the privacy issue/ alienating indie gaming companies and obviously the games issues with the restrictions (always online/leasing/selling your own game fiasco. Probably a good chance for Sony to capitalise on all of this.

Companies have been out to milk as much cash from people since capitalism was invented. This isn't anything new unfortunately and doesn't even really surprise me.

Obviously, there is exceptions...

Yeah, i can't argue with that but atleast you owned the game and aren't leasing your game which seems to be, will be the case on the xboxone.

Top Bottom