when are "Watched Threads" unread ?

erich37

just a question, for my understanding:

when I go to "All Watched Threads", then it shows "unread" within the Breadcrumb.

But there are threads in that list which shows thread-titles which are not in "bold format".
Does it mean that I have already read those threads which thread-titles have not bold text ?

I never used this "read" or "unread" feature, so I am wondering why it says "unread" in the Breadcrumb ? When it seems that I have read the threads already which do not have a "bold" title ?

I always assumed that when the "Thread Title" is not in bold-format anymore, then I have already read the thread ? So in the list it also shows threads with titles which are not in "bold format" anymore, so it seems I have read those threads already.
But the Breadcrumb says "Unread Watched Threads".....

Please explain. I do not understand it.

unread_watched_threads_not_bold.gif

Last edited:
By default the Watched Threads link only shows you those that are just that, unread. When you go to All Watched Threads, you have a mix of read and unread status, so yes, the bold threads are the ones that have posts you haven't read. This is the same functionality as in the forums.

And the "Unread Watched Threads" is in the breadcrumb because that is a separate page (one up in the hierarchy from "All Watched Threads"). This is consistent with, say, forums where the forum is listed last and the thread title is not in the bread crumbs.

Last edited:
That is potentially a bug as the breadcrumb is incorrect.

Will move it so Mike or Kier can decide.

Of course it's not a bug.
Click on the breadcrumb and it takes you back to the unread list, which is the parent page.

By default the Watched Threads link only shows you those that are just that, unread. When you go to All Watched Threads, you have a mix of read and unread status, so yes, the bold threads are the ones that have posts you haven't read. This is the same functionality as in the forums.

And the "Unread Watched Threads" is in the breadcrumb because that is a separate page (one up in the hierarchy from "All Watched Threads"). This is consistent with, say, forums where the forum is listed last and the thread title is not in the bread crumbs.

thanks.
All clear now :)

could this be made vice-versa ?

So that it first shows a list of "All Watched Threads" and then you have a Link which says "Unread Watched Threads".

This is a suggestion then......

:)

I think the flow here is for the most common use. I go to the watched threads page to see what is unread, not to keep track of random threads.

Top Bottom