What's your ride?

Small, sporty and fast... best way!

Hi Lee

I must be missing something here, why have "Small, sporty and fast" when you can have "Big, sporty, comfortable, spacious, luxurious and fast"?

Here is the only view of a Marauder that "Hot hatch" drivers see. :D

Marauder%20Shine%20025a.jpg

Regards

Dereck

Hi Lee

I must be missing something here, why have "Small, sporty and fast" when you can have "Big, sporty, comfortable, spacious, luxurious and fast"?

Regards

Dereck

That there is the difference between the UK and the US :P

I know... some of those little UK cars look horrible! I'm surprised to see you admit it. :p
I don't think we have any UK cars any more... little or not. Except maybe Aston Martin and a few other niche marques.

Just saw a new X3 2 liter turbo diesel yesterday.
Yer... we like ours and it certainly is fuel efficient. Looks much better also with the M sport pack and other bits and pieces. We have the full moon roof in ours and other bits. Pretty much got it optioned up.

I would rather the x1 though... that bit smaller it makes a difference for city driving, they look extremely nice with all the M sport pack and options attached, they are even more fuel efficient than ours... Just looking at the BMW specs, ours is 6.7 litres per 100km. The new MY11 x3 is going to be 5.6 litres per 100km and the x1 at present starts at 5.3 litres per 100km.

Saying that... whilst 6.7lt per 100 sounds great, our average city driving economy is pretty standard around the 8.1 - 8.3 lts per 100km. We had it running around 7 lts per 100km when we are on long distance trips. Being diesel and turbo... marvelous fuel economy from cars nowadays compared to only a few years back.

I don't think we have any UK cars any more... little or not. Except maybe Aston Martin and a few other niche marques.
Perhaps not any UK owned manufacturers, but there are still a number of models that are UK/EU only. Ford bringing over the new Focis hatchback to the US was a bit of a surprise and so far it seems to be paying off for them.

Hi Lee

Regards

Dereck

Bonus points for that tag! :cool:

Hi Lee

Regards

Dereck

It's called MIDLIFE crisis!!!! Which some of us have finally gotten past. LOL 

If it was just me I would have a Hot VW Golf
naughty.gif
but Jethro being a rather tall man doesn't like little cars, and the kid is already nudging 6 foot at 14, not to mention the dogs need to fit in the back.

Our X-Trail is the smallest 'big' car we could get, and is very light on fuel when in 2WD mode.

Is liters / 100 km standard measurement for how fuel efficient vehicles are in Austraila, New Zealand, the UK, etc?

Ford Focus is huge in Australia... one of their top sellers in the small class market here, along with the Toyoto Corolla.
I'd prefer getting my hands on some of the Holden models. Before Pontiac was disbanded we were teased by the potential of the Holden SV6 being imported as a rebadged Pontiac with the fabled El Camino name even being tossed about. :(

Top Bottom