What's your ride?

I'd prefer getting my hands on some of the Holden models.
Yer... the Holden / Ford Australian debate has always been going on between the commodore (Holden) and falcon (Ford). Both only come in 6 or 8 cylinder models. With the skyrocket in fuel prices over the past years, both have become much less popular here and many are opting for smaller engine cars now. For example, registration alone is a massive difference depending on state, where you will pay double for an 8 compared to a 4 here. Fuel here is around $1.30 per litre on average... so the US equivalent would be around $4.90 per gallon. So its not very economical here nowadays to drive 6 and 8 cylinder vehicles. This is one reason we opted not to buy the new x5, as they only come in a 6 or 8 cylinder... even though they have near identical physical dimensions to the x3.

ME
4fingers.jpg

Is liters / 100 km standard measurement for how fuel efficient vehicles are in Austraila, New Zealand, the UK, etc?

Hi Abomination

Nope most people in the U.K still measure in miles per gallon (full size gallons not weedy American ones :)) allthough I suspect the official measurement is something metric no one understands

How could someone from UK forget about Lotus? Shame on you. :)

Hi Walter

Except Lotus is owned by Proton a Malaysian company, not including kit cars I think the only two British car manufacturers left are Bristol and Morgan.

Regards

Dereck

I have a Vauxhall Zafira - not the most fashionable car in the world, but with three daughters, its highly practical that I require. :)

Top Bottom