What's your ride?

Actually, no it's not. BMW don't put manual boxes into their twin turbo diesels
Do BMW put manuals in any of their cars any more? I think every one I have seen here in showrooms is steptronic... even ours didn't even come in choice of a manual when we bought it.

1200_blackaluminum.jpg

Do BMW put manuals in any of their cars any more? I think every one I have seen here in showrooms is steptronic... even ours didn't even come in choice of a manual when we bought it.
The majority of BMWs sold in the UK have manual transmission - automatic is still very much the exception over here.

Depending on the market, the 1,3, 5 and 6 series can be had with real manuals. Not sure about the trucks.

I can well appreciate how cars mean a lot for some people, but for me it is something that gets me from A to B.
However being 6ft 3' means that I need a car that I can fit into with comfort and as a result I'm quite happy driving around in my Skoda Octavia :)

rear1_006.jpeg

The majority of BMWs sold in the UK have manual transmission - automatic is still very much the exception over here.
Seems to have gone the opposite here with BMW... in that the majority are now all steptronic and include the optimal shift indicator for manual mode. Went and looked through the second hand range on the bmw.com.au site, also very rare to even see a manual on offer in any of the current models. I like manual.

Here is mine!
Yer... like the little cars. I think even the x3 is too big for Melbourne driving... I want to go to the new x1 new time... as driving even a medium sized vehicle in the city with parking and streets constantly getting smaller and tighter... it just begs an accident. I convinced my wife to opt for the 1 series for her employee's company cars... nice and small, diesel, run on the smell of an oily rag.

You got the right idea Lee.... small car is good.

Yer... like the little cars. I think even the x3 is too big for Melbourne driving... I want to go to the new x1 new time... .
Just saw a new X3 2 liter turbo diesel yesterday. It looks bigger than the last X3. The US Euro market gets very few cool offerings.

Edit: Correction. The US market doesn't get cool offerings.

Top Bottom