What's your ride?

2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Surprisingly, I don't have any pictures of it online. But it looks like the maroon one in this pic (same color, model, etcetera)....

1998-and-1999-Jeep-Grand-Cherokee-Limited-BIG.jpg

Capacity 916. Top speed 55mph. Electrical car.
Model R142 built by Bombardier in NY.
Acceleration 2.5mps

4train.jpg

We New Yorkers mean it when we say "share a ride".

The pic is my main ride, going uptown to the Bronx and passing Yankees Stadium on the right. On the background is the famed Empire State Building.

BMW 535d M Sport
Like the 5 series. One of our friends just bought the brand new model 5 M sport, and are still waiting for it to be delivered... just rude though here... around $250k range. Mind you... that sits beside their $300k Maserati... so no big deal to them.

Is it a lot bigger inside?
It's surprising how big it is actually.

To be fair I don't have the additional seats installed which would obviously take up more room but I did look at one that was a 7 seater and there was still plenty of room.

Another thing I'm impressed with is it's off roading power, it can easily keep up with a Discovery yet it doesn't throw you around like they do.

She tows like a dream as well, you hardly know there's anything behind her.

I own a Fiat Linea

sjj2h.jpg

Not a very big fan. I think it was a mistake when I sold my Suzuki Swift to get this.

But looking at how much it cost me and the crappy resale value of Fiat cars in India, I would have to stick with it for at least 5-6 years more!

I own a Fiat Linea

Not a very big fan. I think it was a mistake when I sold my Suzuki Swift to get this.

But looking at how much it cost me and the crappy resale value of Fiat cars in India, I would have to stick with it for at least 5-6 years more!

LOL at Number plate :p

Shame you are disappointed in it, cars are an expensive purchase, it's a drag when you buy one you don't end up liking :)

haha. i guess you are referring to 6AY part. I never noticed it till now :|

HR means Haryana (State)
26 means Gurgaon (City)
AY is the series
1981 is my birth year (the only part I could have picked up!)

So, I assume 6AY is part of around 9999 vehicles registered in my city!

cars are an expensive purchase, it's a drag when you buy one you don't end up liking
Damn expensive habit in a country like ours... compare the cost to what they pay in the US and accounting for the marginal exchange rate... we get ripped hard by the government with stamp duties, import taxes, GST, etc etc. To buy a $100k car here costs around $30k in the US, and it only gets worse with the luxury tax.

My first car was a Holden LJ Torana... did the quarter mile in 13 seconds. Was expensive to drive when broke as a young fella...

Damn expensive habit in a country like ours... compare the cost to what they pay in the US and accounting for the marginal exchange rate... we get ripped hard by the government with stamp duties, import taxes, GST, etc etc. To buy a $100k car here costs around $30k in the US, and it only gets worse with the luxury tax.

My first car was a Holden LJ Torana... did the quarter mile in 13 seconds. Was expensive to drive when broke as a young fella...

very true we do pay a lot for cars that's for sure!

One of my many cars as a youngster was a very old Torana.. old POS it was LOL god I hated that car.. the ignition thing was busted, and you didn't even need a key to start it, just turn the whole key box thing LOL hahahaha.. my baby brother used to take it all the time and go and do no doubt nefarious things in it... I ended up selling it unregistered for $400.

I got a BMW 2002 after that, the best car I ever owned as a kid.. it had very low K's as the guy who owned it had been overseas for 5 years, and the car had been in storage for that time, so it was immaculate and just gorgeous.. but dangerously quick for a rev head to own at 20.. I wish I still had it, they are worth quite a bit now!!!

Trust me you are lucky. In Turkey we have crazy custom tax for imported cars. Cars that have engine lower then 2000cc , we have to pay 57% import tax + other taxes . Cars over 2000cc engine import tax is up to 157% . It is crazy but there is not much we can do. A basic Honda Civic in USA starts at 15.805$ . It starts in Turkey 27.594$ with lower engine and accessories

Alfa Romeo 159 in black - and the usual Top Gear video: :)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
For those unfamiliar with Top Gear (huh): no, that man with the curly hair is not me.

Very nice Kier! I assume its a manual?
Actually, no it's not. BMW don't put manual boxes into their twin turbo diesels, I've heard it's because of the ludicrous amount of torque they generate, which would lunch a manual gearbox with some ill-advised shifts, but I don't know that for certain.

I still enjoy driving a manual, but the steptronic auto transmission in the 5 Series is easily good enough to keep me happy.

A basic Honda Civic in USA starts at 15.805$ . It starts in Turkey 27.594$ with lower engine and accessories
Yep... that is even crazier... here they start at $23,000. I know Singapore is a shocking country to own a car... it is pretty much easier to catch a cab and public transport than own a car their.

Top Bottom