What kind of server you use for your xenForo?

Your xenForo Hosting

• Shared Web Hosting

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • VPS

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Dedicated Server

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
I was thinking of creating this cool mod which would be something new on the forum scene, but after a lot of experimenting there is no web technologies available to create what is needed so I am creating this poll to see if it would be worth the time to create. =]

JavaScript will not work, Java Applets will not pass security test and Flash is not capable of this either so I was thinking of creating a C# app which could be executed from Servers.

imthebest

Regardless if VPS/dedicated or shared, I guess most people here use a LAMP environment.

Can your C# app be able to run on a Linux system?

Snog

Keep in mind that very few LAMP servers have the capability to run C# applications. I believe MONO would have to be installed to do it.

BoostN

For my largest site, I run my own VPS from linode.com.. Loving it so far, for smaller sites I work with I'm using a VPS from Knownhost.

Arty

VPS from ServInt.

About your app: take a look at node.js, most likely it can do what you want and anyone with VPS or dedicated server can set it up.

VPS from ServInt.

About your app: take a look at node.js, most likely it can do what you want and anyone with VPS or dedicated server can set it up.
I know if node. JS, just cant handle what needs to get done. I am thinking either c++ or just java to power what needs to get done.