• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Server Do You Use For Your Local Xenforo Installation?

DRE

On my PC with Windows 7 I use XAMPP. As PC users, what do you use for your local Xenforo installation?

As Mac OSX users, what do you use for your local Xenforo installation?

I use Xampp for my virtual image of Windows 7 on my Mac.

Have any of you ever tried Xampp, Mamp or OSX Server for your local Xenforo installation on your Mac?

Jeremy

I use the built in Apache server that comes pre-installed at /Library/WebServer/Documents (use Finder's "Go" menu to this) and installed MySQL. Works perfectly fine for me.

p4guru

I use Virtualbox or VMWare with Centmin Mod which auto installs Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB MySQL along with APC Cache, Memcached server and CSF Firewall.

Then again i use Centmin Mod for both local test installs as well as production live forums and sites :)

DRE

Last edited:

Jeremy

There has been a server installed on every Mac OS X installation for quite a while. It used to be per user (not sure if still functions that way), but I have yet to need something more complex or advanced than what comes pre-installed.

MattW

Apache 2.2, PHP5.5 & Percona 5.5 on my Ubuntu desktop, and XAMP with Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5 on my Windows 7 laptop.

Dan

I used an old computer and set up CentOS to "replicate" my live server. So if you have an old computer around, It is a good use for it as opposed to installing something on your main rig.