What Server Do You Use For Your Local Xenforo Installation?

DRE

On my PC with Windows 7 I use XAMPP. As PC users, what do you use for your local Xenforo installation?

As Mac OSX users, what do you use for your local Xenforo installation?

I use Xampp for my virtual image of Windows 7 on my Mac.

Have any of you ever tried Xampp, Mamp or OSX Server for your local Xenforo installation on your Mac?

I use the built in Apache server that comes pre-installed at /Library/WebServer/Documents (use Finder's "Go" menu to this) and installed MySQL. Works perfectly fine for me.

Reactions: DRE
I use Virtualbox or VMWare with Centmin Mod which auto installs Nginx, PHP-FPM, MariaDB MySQL along with APC Cache, Memcached server and CSF Firewall.

Then again i use Centmin Mod for both local test installs as well as production live forums and sites :)

Last edited:
There has been a server installed on every Mac OS X installation for quite a while. It used to be per user (not sure if still functions that way), but I have yet to need something more complex or advanced than what comes pre-installed.

Refitted notebook running KVM on Debian as a host. Using various VMs on that host for xF testing.

Apache 2.2, PHP5.5 & Percona 5.5 on my Ubuntu desktop, and XAMP with Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.4 and MySQL 5.5 on my Windows 7 laptop.

I used an old computer and set up CentOS to "replicate" my live server. So if you have an old computer around, It is a good use for it as opposed to installing something on your main rig.

I don't know how to do anything anyone has mentioned above so I just use a directory on my site to test my stuff.

Top Bottom