What kind of server you use for your xenForo?

Your xenForo Hosting

• Shared Web Hosting

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • VPS

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Dedicated Server

Votes: 25 43.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters

1im

I was thinking of creating this cool mod which would be something new on the forum scene, but after a lot of experimenting there is no web technologies available to create what is needed so I am creating this poll to see if it would be worth the time to create. =]

JavaScript will not work, Java Applets will not pass security test and Flash is not capable of this either so I was thinking of creating a C# app which could be executed from Servers.

Regardless if VPS/dedicated or shared, I guess most people here use a LAMP environment.

Can your C# app be able to run on a Linux system?

Keep in mind that very few LAMP servers have the capability to run C# applications. I believe MONO would have to be installed to do it.

For my largest site, I run my own VPS from linode.com.. Loving it so far, for smaller sites I work with I'm using a VPS from Knownhost.

I'm using one of those new green servers.

awesome.webp

I got a dual core but it's not very reliable... either too slow, or too fast
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

VPS from ServInt.

About your app: take a look at node.js, most likely it can do what you want and anyone with VPS or dedicated server can set it up.

VPS from ServInt.

About your app: take a look at node.js, most likely it can do what you want and anyone with VPS or dedicated server can set it up.

I know if node. JS, just cant handle what needs to get done. I am thinking either c++ or just java to power what needs to get done.

Top Bottom