What have you done with xenForo pages?

Brent W

I am about to start a large project that will use xenForo pages and just wanted to see what others have created using xenForo pages.

Great question. I have played with pages a lot recently and was thinking of asking people for advanced things they have done with their own page.

Today, i got highcharts to work on page to display the google analytics data of my site. I'm looking into learning more about php callback features.

I moved ~27 old static html pages that used to make up my .com/ site into pages. I Enhanced them (allowed comments, search and News Feed/Recent Activity) through ragteks Enhanced Pages. EP also has inline editing without going back to the node tree.

Added 301 redirects from the old URLs to the /pages/xxxxxxxxx/ in .htaccess and am happy as a pig in mud.
I was thinking I'd convert my static site to WP or something but I didn't have a whole lot of faith in the available bridges. Now I have everything under XF and its working great.

I moved ~27 old static html pages that used to make up my .com/ site into pages. I Enhanced them (allowed comments, search and News Feed/Recent Activity) through ragteks Enhanced Pages. EP also has inline editing without going back to the node tree.

Added 301 redirects from the old URLs to the /pages/xxxxxxxxx/ in .htaccess and am happy as a pig in mud.
I was thinking I'd convert my static site to WP or something but I didn't have a whole lot of faith in the available bridges. Now I have everything under XF and its working great.

Could you send me a PC with a link to a page?

I integrated a chatroom in a page.

I also turned a document I didn't want to have as a thread into a page. I believe it's better that way.

Other than that, I didn't use the pages much.

Is there a way to have a WYSIWYG editor to edit the pages? It can get tedious to manually build those pages with HTML.

I think ragtek is working on WYSIWYG for Enhanced Pages which is why it's not yet publicly available. I just dump my foo, text foo, etc into a post and then switch out of WYSIWYG rich text editor and then copy that html into the page. works for me.

Nothing, i don't like them...
One of the many features with much potential, but lacking.......

That's why I prefer own controlleres + route prefixes
Much more powerful and easier (for me) to create them

Creative idea. I thought of that but I want pages to be easily created, from outside the AdminCP.
I think Pages should be as easy to create as a Thread.

Agree with that, however the solution above only takes a couple of minutes to setup for each page so I can live with that now.
Besides, you also get the useradmin permission automatically, so you can give som users access to edit the page (by giving them access to edit the forum behind the page ).

DD: I think Pages should be as easy to create as a Thread.
Besides, you also get the useradmin permission automatically, so you can give som users access to edit the page (by giving them access to edit the forum behind the page ).
These statements are in conflict.

I would want many members to be able to make Pages. And 99% of those users would NOT be suitable for AdminCP access. And probably 99% of those potential page creators (your members) won't be good at HTML.

These statements are in conflict.

No, of course the are not suitable for the admincp or html, thats way I will say to them, the page here URLxx, please update this by going to this forumxxxURL and edit there.

I will create perhaps 20 pages total. And then will indeed be "real pages", my site will be more like 70% static content and 30% forum. But some extra staff should help update the pages.

Agree this is not 100% optimal, but I cannot wait a 100 years to get editors to pages. I have vacation in August and have to make the site now.

For 20 pages, especially heavily styled pages .... Xenforo HTML pages are a great way to do it.
FYI, ragtek said he was interested in making Pages have COMMENTing and Likes. You might be interested in that.

For 20 pages, especially heavily styled pages .... Xenforo HTML pages are a great way to do it.
FYI, ragtek said he was interested in making Pages have COMMENTing and Likes. You might be interested in that.
I plan to style pages with: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/advanced-bbcodes-toolbar.623/

I do not need comments and likes for my pages, it should be real content presented for mainly non-members coming from google etc. It does not seem to me that Ragtek is planning to launch that page-editor so alternative options must be used.

Top Bottom