What have you done with xenForo pages?

I'm currently pondering using xF Pages. I have HTML articles on my current website, but when I switch from MyBB to XenForo I want to flip things around and make the main website (index) a bulletin board and have the articles still present in static HTML.

They are 'tips and advice' type of articles for a specific niche. They will feature there own RSS feeds, and update or "what's new" section; however I rarely update much.

I don't know if that gives anyone some inspiration.

Here's ours(on our old layout we haven't styled it for our new one)

page.webp

Consists of the widget framework with 2 custom widgets, one allows users on the website to change their skin in-game automatically, as well as the rules widget.

Then just some HTML :D, simple but we like it.

Here's ours(on our old layout we haven't styled it for our new one)

View attachment 53181

Consists of the widget framework with 2 custom widgets, one allows users on the website to change their skin in-game automatically, as well as the rules widget.

Then just some HTML :D, simple but we like it.

That does indeed look good. Almost makes me want to create pages again. :laugh:

So it's easy to set a page as the default homepage? And have the forums on their own page? No addons are needed to do this now?

No, route filters and the option to set the route index page should do what you need.

We use pages to feature the bulk of our content offering. They're due for an overhaul, but our video archive pages host video downloads & streaming links. Another includes an embedded player for our shoutcast radio.

We've plans for more advanced pages in the future, but the possibilities really are limitless. Use them for whatever your website needs. ;)

I have a couple of simple integrations like this...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I use them for shopping links (affiliate links that members can use to support us when doing their regular shopping) - and for custom cycling clothing orders on CycleChat. (y)

Top Bottom