What do you think of XenForo?

Primarily what I see missing is a richtext editor. Though I am using mobile Safari as it is the only thing able to access the internet at the beach. Though I have seen richtext editors work in this browser on other sites so I know it is possible.

I'm sure it's going to be improved over the time. I'd love a rich text editor for Webkiti (aka Safari and Chrome).

Primarily what I see missing is a richtext editor. Though I am using mobile Safari as it is the only thing able to access the internet at the beach. Though I have seen richtext editors work in this browser on other sites so I know it is possible.

I'm sure it's going to be improved over the time. I'd love a rich text editor for Webkiti (aka Safari and Chrome).

Speaking of the RT editor, I wish there was a way to view the "code" as opposed to WYSIWYG. (I guess I'm just old-school).

I think the easiest method for SEO URL aspects with converting is to simply allow custom rewriting the same as vbseo caters. You can write the URL to present however you want, with simply adding in the id and name typically as the only two required options. If it caters that, sh*t... you just covered the majority of import URL issues in one feature.

It is not that hard to prepare a redirect script for imported forums. Jerry coded one for vB long time ago , and we adopted that to vBSEO. IPB also have a similar option and i bet XenForo will have it.

I don't know if TinyMCE supports mobile solutions though? I have richtext on opera/ie8/firefox/safari/chrome - unlike many other forum software solutions ^_^

old_system -> new_xenforo url 301 rewrites or support is a matter of the right rewrite rules, or a custom script that you tell 'we come from this system', to catch urls entered. One of the problems is probably automatically recognizing where someone comes from (is this rewritten url old vbseo, or new vb4? etc).

Yeah but I'm sure some IDs are going to change and that will need a little bit more than the right rewrite rules. A custom script would be nice. I don't care if I have to leave the old database running in order to allow that the script properly redirects the old URLs.

canonical (or something) URLs and 301 .. should take care of that :)

Could you guys perhaps be a bit more constructive and explain what you mean with missing? Not trying to be rude here, just looking for arguments to better understand what people think might be missing.

Heh, good point. I'll start a thread with suggestions when I get a moment.

Excellent, looking forward to it. They help me shape what I think about things, and help me remember the things I like and don't like about forum software. I have been an admin and super mod so long, using a forum as end-user .. rusty.

Very impressive, has huge potential, as I promised in THAT thread on AdminAddict all those months ago, as soon as licensing is available I shall buy this, 1) To show support for the project and 2) So I can commence development of a live test site with a view, in the long term, to moving my main site across.

Top Bottom