What browser do you use most often?

What browser do you use most often?

• Total voters
Steffi, you are very right. if I would be a windows user, it would be Chrome and FireFox, not Safari or IE.

I must say that I am starting to use Safari more now having a mac around... I didn't like it much on win7... maybe it is due to running on Unix??? But I do have to agree, it is pretty nice when run on a mac.

It used to be Firefox for quite some time.

I pretty much replaced it with Chrome for the last weeks now. And I don't look back ;)

Well, unless I need Firebug with Yslow or something once in a while.

I must say that I am starting to use Safari more now having a mac around... I didn't like it much on win7... maybe it is due to running on Unix??? But I do have to agree, it is pretty nice when run on a mac.
IMO, at least aesthetically, Safari is the winner. It also makes websites look better than I.E. does for example. And yes it does seem to look/work better on a Mac compared to a Windows box.

I'll qualify my response - I use Chrome as my everyday browser because it's extremely fast and reliable.

However, Firefox is always open on my machine as my primary development browser, because the Webkit CSS and HTML inspectors, and the Webkit console don't hold a candle to the magnificent Firebug.

Webkit console don't hold a candle to the magnificent Firebug.
Yep... its the only reason I keep FF around nowadays, Firebug is arguably a designers best tool.

I don't know what went wrong with FF; it used to be so fast, then it became cluttered and cumbersome at a guess behind the scenes, is IE now loads faster than it in most instances that I experience. I can't stand IE, so Chrome and Safari are the only two really left that haven't screwed up their performance factors.

Yep... its the only reason I keep FF around nowadays, Firebug is arguably a designers best tool.

I don't know what went wrong with FF; it used to be so fast, then it became cluttered and cumbersome at a guess behind the scenes, is IE now loads faster than it in most instances that I experience. I can't stand IE, so Chrome and Safari are the only two really left that haven't screwed up their performance factors.
In you opinion, besides FF & Chrome & IE, what other browsers would you consider for a PC?

Safari? Opera?

edit: it needs an adblock capability

Firefox. If Chrome had a proper AdBlock extension then I would probably use Chrome for day-to-day browsing. It's developer tools are usually enough for day-to-day use as well. :)

Mainly Opera, but Safari or Firefox for some things mainly when doing dev work or as in more recent cases when I've got loads of Opera windows and tabs open and want to be able to find something else easily (today I have XF open in FF along with google translate and xe.com while everything I'm using is open in opera - 8 windows with a total of about 100 tabs!)

I've been using Chrome but I'm very impressed with the Firefox 4 beta. I might switch back ;) The multi-computer sync is awesome.

Firefox due to the shear amount of addons for web development (To name a few Web Developer Toolbar, Tamper Data, Greasemonkey, etc.)
Although I do believe it leaks memory like a mofo.

FireFox has been my browser of choice for a couple of years. That said, I just downloaded Google Chrome today at Kier/Mike's recommendation.
Takes some getting used to, but I'm kind of liking it.

Takes some getting used to, but I'm kind of liking it.
Its simply far faster Peggy... welcome to the dark side... :rolleyes: Firefox used to be extremely fast, but now its bloated and useless, slower than IE... excellent for firebug, but Chrome and Safari are noticeably faster browsers now.

Its simply far faster Peggy... welcome to the dark side... :rolleyes: Firefox used to be extremely fast, but now its bloated and useless, slower than IE... excellent for firebug, but Chrome and Safari are noticeably faster browsers now.
I am noticing a marked increase in page loads, even with my slow isp.
I have noticed that FF gets slower with each update. I thought it was just my ISP. Now I see that perhaps its not.

Top Bottom