XF 2.1 Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

Welcome to XenForo 2.1!

We said there would be something special accompanying the final HYS in this series for XF 2.1, and here it is. This is your first opportunity to help us put the new feature set through its paces.

We also said there would be a number of other miscellaneous changes/improvements to show you, so read on for more 👇

I know these kinds of translations and modifications.... and I've laughed enough.....

But despite the enormous sense of humour that you would have to have in order to really use these translations in productive areas, they're not really recommendable.

But: back to the actual topic :-)

That's cool! 😍

How about doing something programatically with the Google Translation API? That must save everyone a ton of time.
Doesn't really help that much if you want a good, consistent translation.

For example if you let Google translate 3 phrases related to Upgrade/Upgrading to German, you might end up with three different translations like "Aktualisierung", "Upgrade" or "Erneuerung".

This does confuse users, you really want to use consistent wording for the various features/functions throughout the whole system.

Doesn't really help that much if you want a good, consistent translation.

For example if you let Google translate 3 phrases related to Upgrade/Upgrading to German, you might end up with three different translations like "Aktualisierung", "Upgrade" or "Erneuerung".

This does confuse users, you really want to use consistent wording for the various features/functions throughout the whole system.
I don´t know exactly how that API works, but maybe it could be a good starting point. Then you can go through and verify and alter specific translations if necessary.

Small thing but I really appreciate templates like setup_custom.less, I think we could use more templates like that! I'll post some suggestions when I can.

Yeah was going to post about that. We actually added it for the first time to Beta 1 after we found the results of an outdated setup.less file aren't exactly pretty 😉

Providing it there is fairly significant in terms of not disastrously ruining CSS rendering in some cases so the justification might not be there for some of the others you're thinking of but we'll certainly consider it.

Yeah was going to post about that. We actually added it for the first time to Beta 1 after we found the results of an outdated setup.less file aren't exactly pretty 😉

Providing it there is fairly significant in terms of not disastrously ruining CSS rendering in some cases so the justification might not be there for some of the others you're thinking of but we'll certainly consider it.

Ya I'm probably fine, maybe app_custom.less included at the bottom app.less, but I'll look around. We had some custom elements included in setup so this is one less edit. Extra.less is nice for end-users, but we obviously need to include our custom stuff too!

Support and automatically process unsubscribe requests using the List-Unsubscribe header in emails
I had assumed this was dynamic enough so that add-ons using UserEmail as a base would be able to define their own sub-section of the List-Unsubscribe header, but I'm left disappointed :(

Why is it an all-or-nothing approach like this?

If users want to unsubscribe from one non-transactional email batch, doesn't necessarily mean they want to unsubscribe from all of them.

Fillip

If I upgrade my forum now to 2.1 beta. Can I still able upgrade from 2.1 beta to 2.1 released later? Thanks
Technically, yes, you can do that....

.... but just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. :eek: The XF staff will warn you not to update your live site. The XF customers will you warn not to update your live site. Your forum members will warn you not to update your live site. Random strangers at the grocery store will warn you not to update your live site. Your cousin that you haven't seen in 20 years will suddenly call you on the phone telling you not to update your live site. Don't update your live site.

Read the BIG RED WARNING at the bottom of the announcements threads....

Technically, yes, you can do that....
https://xenforo.com/community/threa...rted-improvements.155901/page-10#post-1296096

.... but just because you can do it doesn't mean you should. :eek: The XF staff will warn you not to update your live site. The XF customers will you warn not to update your live site. Your forum members will warn you not to update your live site. Random strangers at the grocery store will warn you not to update your live site. Your cousin that you haven't seen in 20 years will suddenly call you on the phone telling you not to update your live site. Don't update your live site.

Read the BIG RED WARNING at the bottom of the announcements threads....
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-2-1-0-beta-2-released.156604/#post-1298911

Thanks but most of the people mentioned did not actually warn me. No one cares about me😭

Well you did not go out to be warned, you were stuck in your house upgrading your site to a beta release. :p

Well the members would apparently be on my site and apparently I got a sudden call from my cousin.. which I think I must have missed because I don’t remember having the conversation of being warned which leaves me to believe no one really cares about me😭

Top Bottom