Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
This addon has been great for our forums. One request: I wish the Weekly Digest link in the footer was viewable only to logged-in members.

Want to request again two features that would be this great.

1. Logo added to email
2. Ability to put an announcement at the top of the email

Can the Weekly Digest have some additional configurable options such as adding additional criteria "Members must have at least X posts"

It's bad to send to all new registrations in the last 30 days (spammers that get through) - my first run of the weekly digest caused lots of spam bounces.

That problem is virtually eliminated if the members must also have at least 1 post in the forums too.

Last edited:
I have a problem with this and the inactive members addon where I change the phrase text but when emails send it always takes from the master value.

I installed weekly digest and i get mail:

This message may not have been sent by: XXXXX@gmail.com Learn more Report phishing

Title Board

Last week's most popular topics.
Forum
Title

Click here to unsubscribe.
http://XXXXXXX.com

How to fix this, i dont want my future members see warning that this might be phishing...

AndyB solved my problem, thanks!

Solution:

If your domain is google.com make mail admin@google.com and set that address as default email in xenforo admin panel.

Last edited:
That warning problem has nothing to do with this addon. It's most likely because your SPF and/or DKIM records aren't setup properly, but could also be triggered by having a 'from' address other than the domain you're actually sending from or a grey-listed IP, or a whole host of other email deliverability issues.

I'd recommend switching to using Mandrill (my favorite) or Sendgrid or Mailgun for sending your forum email and let them worry about the deliverability issues. You'll still need to setup the DKIM/SPF records in your DNS, but it's very easy.

If a member does not want to receive the Weekly Digest email, they can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in the email or the link in the forum footer.

Does anyone know if it's possible to unsubscribe a user from the ACP? I have a user complaing about receiving the weekly digest and he refuses to unsubscribe himself as he "never chose to receive it", even though he did accept our forum terms.... I don't want to argue about it with him though - any ideas?

Update: Got a tip from Andy - look for xf_user table and search for the member, then edit his row so the weekly_digest_opt_out field is 1.

Last edited:
Top Bottom