Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
I like how users are auto signed up and there is a way to unsubscribe in the footer and in the actual email sent. Question: Does unchecking the box in default Account details -> Contact details -> Receive site mailings, also unsubscribe from this mail too?

update: yes the "receive site mailings" IS honored - as stated in Q&A on addon overview.

Last edited:
@AndyB Is it not possible in the setting up of this add on to rather include the forums that must be looked at rather than exclude the forum that it should not look at. Once again it has sent out items from a forum that members should not be seeing because of an error excluding that forum area on my part.

It really becomes an embarrassment for the forum when this happens, I would rather have forum left out in error than have this type of thing happening :confused:

@AndyB

The XCentral multisite addon has provided some hooks for cron job addons as currently it's a big issue. Would you mind having a look if it's something you can adapt this addon to support properly? Right now it's impossible to have it run consistently across multisite sites.

Appreciate it.

Hi Andy,

I love your apps but I have an error with the weekly Digest. I keep getting this error.

• Error
    The PHP callback Andy_WeeklyDigest_Option_NodeChooser::renderSelect is not valid. It will not be possible to display this option until the problem is resolved by editing the option definition.

Hi Andy great add-on as always :)

One (bug?)... When you move a thread from a forum to another, the thread title is listed two times in the newsletter, one in the old forum category e one in the new one.

This update (the optional addition of an author column in e-mails) is a big hit with my membership. Thank you, Andy, for continuing to develop this. I don't think there's a better, more vital add-on out there for xenforo.

The only thing I can imagine improving this would be some kind of way to allow admins to somehow add something to an email--that something might be a special announcement or the featuring of a particular thread or two--on a one-time basis.

I'm not sure how, or whether, that could be implemented. But if it could, this add-on could replace both the automated, "come here and see" type e-mails and the more occasional "see what's hot or what else is on our site" kind of missives.

Thanks again.

The only thing I can imagine improving this would be some kind of way to allow admins to somehow add something to an email--that something might be a special announcement or the featuring of a particular thread or two--on a one-time basis.
yeah a signature, header or footer template where we can add stuff in would be nice :)

yeah a signature, header or footer template where we can add stuff in would be nice :)

Hear, hear. I just modified the code where need be, but it's quite a hassle to migrate the changes for every update, and it easily borks if not careful :)

If this could be done it would be awesome.

@AndyB, does it ignores the "email invalid (bounced)" user states of members ?

No only valid user state users get an email.

Last edited:
Top Bottom