Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
Hi @AndyB is it possible to use the language setting of the forum and not the language setting of ACP in the email sent?
Currently my forum is Dutch, but the emails are in English because my ACP is in English (easier to find stuff and use tutorials).
Thanks in advance!

@AndyB Is there any possibility that this can be changed to rather have to include the forums that you want to show then exclude the ones you don't want to show.

I created a new forum area that should have not been included and only remembered to exclude it when the weekly mail was sent out. I particularly did not need other members that did not subscribe to that forum area to see these.

Andy is one of the kindest people i came across in here, he helped me so much for no reason with my mail problem and everything

Great and needed add-on. Thanks.

1. I added my ID (1) and ran cron manually, but just a white page, and nothing sent. Why white page? All other crons seems to be working. (Edit: You solved it. Thanks)

2. I want to have different systems like this to send topics from different forums in different days. Each has opt-out for itself. How can I do that? (Example: sunday it sends topics from FORUM1,2,3 | monday it sends topics from FORUM4,5,6 | and ...)

Any opinion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Hamed

Last edited:
All small suggestion!

Is it possible to get a text area where an admin could post a few sentences, that are displayed above or below the digest?

Andy, suggestion for this or perhaps a new add-on: provide a way for admins to add specific threads/topics to the top of the digest. Sometimes, you know, you would like to alert all users to a particular announcement or thread.

This may be an idea for a different add-on, I admit. Would it be possible to create an add-on that allows admins to input the URLs that they'd like to see in a digest e-mail? Provide, say, five or ten text boxes for the URLs, and allow users to add more boxes if they want, the same way that in xenforo you can add additional poll choices. I say "URLs" rather than "thread ID numbers" because admins may want to include, say, URLs from add-ons like Showcase from @Bob.

I'm suggesting this to you because I love the simple, clean format of the emails that this add-on sends out, and once an admin is using it, I think it makes sense that any additional emails look like it. In any case, this is a great add-on, and I thank you for it. I will donate more to you soon.

Last edited:
Hi @AndyB ,

I was wondering how I could change the date & tome of the mailing. By now the mailing seems to be set up to run on saturday around noon. We would like to have it running on friday morning, so the users have the mailing in there inbox before saturday morning. Could you tell us please where we´ld have to change that in the files?

Hi @AndyB ,

I was wondering how I could change the date & tome of the mailing. By now the mailing seems to be set up to run on saturday around noon. We would like to have it running on friday morning, so the users have the mailing in there inbox before saturday morning. Could you tell us please where we´ld have to change that in the files?

Tools->Cron Entries->Weekly Digest

Just click on "Weekly Digest" to set another date/hour.

@AndyB seems email unsubscribe link and thread urls leads to invalid url at http://weeklydigest/manage/ or missing domain name ? this only happens for live runs

test run to specific user id works fine

only 1 language id = 1

using v1.8 on xf 1.4.11

Last edited:
@AndyB : Xenforo 1.5.3 : Error when going into the CP :
Error
The PHP callback Andy_WeeklyDigest_Option_NodeChooser::renderSelect is not valid. It will not be possible to display this option until the problem is resolved by editing the option definition.

FIX : Thanks to @AndyB : Not all the files were uploaded by the third party uploading tool. These have now been ftp across and its working fine.

Last edited:
Error trying to upgrade to 2.0 from 1.8,

Code:
Developer: option_value is not a valid array (weeklyDigestExcludeForums)

Update: Removing forum ID's from 'excluded forums' before updating fixed this.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,

I removed the 'excluded forums' before updating and was able to do the update.

Unfortunately in the settings the field to 'exclude forums' is not working. An error appears:

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 11.51.51.webp

Edit: Andy reached out to me and gave the solution. If you manually upload the files via FTP and did the upgrade. Everything now works like a charm. Thumbs up again for Andy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom