Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
hi andy, thanks for this great resource (reliable, as always!) was wondering if in a future version you could create an option so that we can send this to users who have logged in any time in the past year, six months, etc instead of just the last 30 days? and exclude people who have logged in say in the last 2 days?

it would be a help to get drop-outs back to the site, and not overwhelm folks who are already on the site every day and don't need an additional digest email.

It would be nice to be able to select between:
  • Most viewed (actual configuration).
  • More replies.
  • More likes.
Or better, a mix of these three data.

It would be nice to be able to select between:
  • Most viewed (actual configuration).
  • More replies.
  • More likes.
Or better, a mix of these three data.

Or not.

Sometimes our own choices end up not being that useful, I've found.

In the end, it's about getting people back to the site. Even a dartboard selection of threads will probably do the job.

All my URLS are wack. They all got sent without the domain EXCEPT the unsubscribe link:

ex: <a href="threads/reskinning-game-for-making-a-profit-with-army-of-games.192/">

Just thought you should know. After looking at WeeklyDigest.php file, it seems like all the links are missing the $webRoot infront of the links...

Maybe you could add a way for people to edit the template a little bit easier.. =]

Although I translated the phrases, I received the digest in english. Last digest was in my language. Any idea?

Poll (can't do a poll in a post, but I'd like to know):

When do you send out the weekly digest, and how often?

Currently I do Tuesday and Friday.

Other ideas?

Hope I didn't ask this already.

Is there a way to change the title of the email from "Last week's...topics" to "Recent...topics" or whatever? I'd want to do this if I send out the digest, say, twice or three times per week.

Thanks.

Andy, great add-on.

Here's a request for a new add-on that might be an offspring of this: A daily digest that users can opt into (and out of) on the forum.

Justifications:
1. Some users prefer getting reminded of what's going on by email, and would welcome such a reminder daily.
2. An admin would probably not want to do this for all members, so an opt-in form would be ideal.
3. Those on the list would get automatically sent a daily digest identical in form to your weekly digest but of course named differently.
4. Would increase traffic on a daily basis, especially over time.

I predict such an add-on would be quite popular.

Andy, great add-on.

Here's a request for a new add-on that might be an offspring of this: A daily digest that users can opt into (and out of) on the forum.

Justifications:
1. Some users prefer getting reminded of what's going on by email, and would welcome such a reminder daily.
2. An admin would probably not want to do this for all members, so an opt-in form would be ideal.
3. Those on the list would get automatically sent a daily digest identical in form to your weekly digest but of course named differently.
4. Would increase traffic on a daily basis, especially over time.

I predict such an add-on would be quite popular.
Check this: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/email-subscription.3675/

I notice that guests can register to receive a daily digest with your add-on Email Subscriptions. I wonder whether the same feature could be added to this one?

I hope to see this great addon go towards the discourse digest in terms of design and content :)
rlH2sN1.png

aLXXC3j.png

Top Bottom