Weekly digest [Deleted]

Please revert exclude forums to include forums:

Reason: a few add-ons, like social group add-ons, provide the functionality to let users create forums in those add-ons. Even when users don´t have the priviliges to in fact read the content of a thread there, the threads and thread titles become listed in the email. This becomes critical, when those forums contain sensitive content as the title often discloses the private content.

they can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided in the email or the link in the forum footer, this is an opt-out add-on.
We've received several emails from our members saying that they cannot unsubscribe unless they're logged in. This is not up to the modern standards because users should be able to unsubscribe without needing to login. You need to fix this as soon as possible.

Last edited:
We've received several emails from our members saying that they cannot unsubscribe unless they're logged in. This is not up to the modern standards because users should be able to unsubscribe without needing to login. You need to fix this as soon as possible.
Andy is coming from the United States where different privacy regulations are in effect. You´re referring to the EU_GDPR, I guess - and in that scope you are correct, since unsubscribing without the need to be logged-in is included in that law. But as said - Andy is from the US where different laws apply.

Andy is coming from the United States where different privacy regulations are in effect. You´re referring to the EU_GDPR, I guess - and in that scope you are correct, since unsubscribing without the need to be logged-in is included in that law. But as said - Andy is from the US where different laws apply.
Yes, I'm from the EU, however this has more to do with basic features rather than then law. I hate having to login to unsubscribe, this is not normal for 2019. I've deleted this addon until it's fixed.

@AndyB any pointers at all? I've done a search for "weekly" templates and the ones that show up don't seem to be the ones used for the email.

How to remove it from the account navigation? It really doesn't need to be in there, could reside in preferences.

Code:
     TypeError: Argument 1 passed to XF\Entity\CronEntry::verifyRunRules() must be of the type array, null given, called in /++++++/src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php on line 768 src/XF/Entity/CronEntry.php:78
Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(768): XF\Entity\CronEntry->verifyRunRules(NULL, 'run_rules', 65552, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(613): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_verifyValueCustom(NULL, 'run_rules', 65552, Array)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(548): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->set('run_rules', NULL)
#3 src/XF/AddOn/DataType/CronEntry.php(69): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->__set('run_rules', NULL)
#4 src/XF/Job/AddOnData.php(106): XF\AddOn\DataType\CronEntry->importAddOnData('Andy/WeeklyDige...', Object(SimpleXMLElement), 0, G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\AddOnData->run(G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#8 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(139): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(true, 8)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(321): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(244): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(100): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(50): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#15 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#16 {main}

Code:
Status der Anfrage

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(60) "+++++/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(10) "/admin.php"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

What does the error mean and how can it be fixed?

server timeout.
  • ErrorException: Fatal Error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded
  • src/vendor/pelago/emogrifier/src/Emogrifier.php:444
  • Generated by: ....
  • 8/23/19 at 4:11 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(46) "/forum/admin.php?cron/Weekly_Digest_Friday/run"
["referrer"] => string(45) "https://www.mtb-mag.com/forum/admin.php?cron/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["cron/Weekly_Digest_Friday/run"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(1) {
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "****"
}

Yes, I'm from the EU, however this has more to do with basic features rather than then law. I hate having to login to unsubscribe, this is not normal for 2019. I've deleted this addon until it's fixed.
I'd love to use this but also need an option for it to be opt in only. And not purely because of EU law, but that is what I actually find preferable.

(I hated the Dulles Airport WIFI form that has a teeny little marketing preticket opt out button hiding under all the guff at the bottom)

What's the best way to customize how the email design looks? Mine looks super bland and would like to touch it up.
Thanks.

Yes, I too don't want to have someone login to unsubscribe. I can't remember of any instance when I would have to login to unsubscribe. Should be a single click and done. Also, it is breaking EU law, regardless of your jurisdiction. Otherwise, it looks like a great plugin, but alas, can't use it for those two reasons.

I decided to use the Weekly Digest after all, but I am getting a strange issue. The top two most popular topics are always this:

[No title]
Forms

[No title]
Modules & VBA

If I click either of those titles, it always goes to a page that says: "Oops! We ran into some problems."

e.g. https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/threads/no-title.14464/

Any ideas?

Also, I am getting the weekly digest, but when I ask some of my forum members, no one has said they have got it yet. Is there a way to check if the emails were sent or not? It could be dkim or spf records or something, so I am just trying to diagnose.

Top Bottom