Weekly digest [Deleted]

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Weekly digest - Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

Premium upgrade:

For $25.00 USD this add-on along with the entire collection may be downloaded for up to one year. Please see the colletion in the Resources area at this URL:

https://www.xf2addons.com/

Description:

Sends an email to your members every week showing most popular topics.

An email of the 25 most popular topics is sent to all members that have logged into your forum with the past 30 days. If a member does not want to receive the Weekly digest email, they...

Read more about this resource...

I do not expect to upgrade to XF v2 anytime soon...
however, this does look like a nice plugin.

Would be great if admin could add a custom
msg that maybe added to the top or bottom
of the stats email. msg could be changed weekly,
if not, then the same msg would go out weekly....

what do you think?

Can I create multiple different digests... so I can group different forums in the digest
One digest for the different announcements, a different digest for the chatter, another one for updates ?

Server error log
  • XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'xf_user.weekly_digest_opt_out' in 'where clause'
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:212
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Dec 9, 2017 at 1:04 PM
Stack trace
SELECT xf_user.user_id
FROM xf_user
INNER JOIN xf_user_option ON xf_user_option.user_id = xf_user.user_id
WHERE xf_user.last_activity > ?
AND xf_user.user_state = 'valid'
AND xf_user.is_banned = 0
AND xf_user.weekly_digest_opt_out = 0
AND xf_user_option.receive_admin_email = 1
AND xf_user_option.is_discouraged = 0

------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(174): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(35): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(46): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(69): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(86): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('\n\t\t\tSELECT xf_u...', 1510232682)
#5 src/addons/Andy/WeeklyDigest/XF/Cron/WeeklyDigest.php(135): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->fetchAll('\n\t\t\tSELECT xf_u...', 1510232682)
#6 [internal function]: Andy\WeeklyDigest\XF\Cron\WeeklyDigest::runWeeklyDigest(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#7 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(35): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(241): XF\Job\Cron->run(7.9999990463257)
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(187): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(76): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 7.9999990463257)
#11 job.php(15): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#12 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
["referrer"] => string(113) "https://www.legendofmir.org/threads...-to-victory-in-japan-clinch-final-berth.2017/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Just downloaded and installed. Great stuff, thank you, Andy. Now I have a question.

The settings are ALL grayed out. There is a message at the top "Only a limited number of fields in this item may be edited."
Admin Control Panel -> Tools -> Cron entries -> Weekly digest

Is there something else I should do?

You are right!!! I fixed that. Thank you very much for the support.

I have a feature request. Can thread prefixes be added to the Weekly Digest thread titles? They can be important parts of the title, with thread titles not making sense without them.

Thank you

Top Bottom