Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
I have installed weekly digest and it is not working. This is second week I have had it and this is the server error I am getting.
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'CarlM24' in 'where clause' - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:01 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\tSELECT xf_us...')
#1 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\tSELECT xf_us...')
#2 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\tSELECT xf_us...')
#3 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(734): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\tSELECT xf_us...', 1470920471)
#4 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Andy/WeeklyDigest/CronEntry/WeeklyDigest.php(115): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll('\n\t\tSELECT xf_us...', 1470920471)
#5 [internal function]: Andy_WeeklyDigest_CronEntry_WeeklyDigest::runWeeklyDigest(Array)
#6 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(357): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#7 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#8 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999980926514, '')
#9 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999980926514, '', false)
#10 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#11 /home/crimecoa/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(40) "http://crimecoastforums.com/deferred.php"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(4) {
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(33) "/threads/how-to-get-2-bosses.444/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

EDIT: I'd just like to say a massive thank you to the AndyB (creator of this add-on) for the help he gave with regards to the above error.

Not only did Andy correct the error I encountered (which was a user error on my behave) he even suggested a few changes to make to my current XenForo set-up to help the forums run soother and to avoid any future errors.

Thanks again Andy, you're an invaluable member of this community.

Last edited:
@AndyB , thanks for the great addon!
[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) is used on my forum. The feature of this addon is groups have their own sub forums. Some groups are secret and I cannot remove them from weekly digest and secret group's threads appear in weekly digest emails visible to all members.
weekly_digest_settings.webp
Is it possible to include sub forum threads notifications in weekly digest visible to members present in group only? This would be great since there are lots of groups (open) which are run in Italian, German, Russian and updates of aforementioned group sub forums will be valuable for group members only

@AndyB, a feature suggesstion if you're looking to add ...
I'd like to be able to get stats on page loads originating from the Weekly Digest email, using Google Analytics. It only takes the addition of a URL parameter at the end of the topic link URL. For example,
https://site.com/threads/title.231445/
... to become ...
https://site.com/threads/title.231445/?utm_source=WeeklyDigest

The utm_source value could be added as a field within ACP, and if it contains a value then it's appended to the thread (and unsubscribe) URL's.

Ref: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/

Andy, does turning off the add-on from the "installed add-ons" panel also deactivate the associated cron job?

It seems that it doesn't work on my forum. It is redirecting to threads.com instead of my forum. Any solution?

Just a heads up, Saturday/Sunday are one of the worst days besides Monday morning that you can send out mass email. I changed mine to Thursday in the cron and I get a lot more user engagement. I'd change the default day to send this out to mid week, rather than Saturday.

best-time-to-send-emails.webp

I don't see any link in the footer or in member settings / profile to subscribe or unsubscribe. If a member has unsubscribed and then wants to resubscribe, how is this possible? Or how does a member unsubscribe from the forum instead of from the email digest link?

I don't see any link in the footer or in member settings / profile to subscribe or unsubscribe. If a member has unsubscribed and then wants to resubscribe, how is this possible? Or how does a member unsubscribe from the forum instead of from the email digest link?

The manage weekly digest subscription link is at the bottom if the home page and leads to- http://www.****.com/weeklydigest/manage/

The forum setting are unrelated and are under your /account/privacy settings.

Yes I can do that... it is a custom style.

Do you know what the link is for Andy's Inactive Users unsubscribe page?

And see above: the other problem is I'm not receiving the emails. No server errors listed. Just no emails.

It just arrived. Slow email server I guess. :)

Tried to run the test cron and got this error

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'fixer' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Andy/WeeklyDigest/CronEntry/WeeklyDigest.php at line 115
  6. Andy_WeeklyDigest_CronEntry_WeeklyDigest::runWeeklyDigest()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 357
  8. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /hsphere/local/home/iiiers/mymilitia.com/admin.php at line 13

Tried to run the test cron and got this error

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'fixer' in 'where clause'

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in Andy/WeeklyDigest/CronEntry/WeeklyDigest.php at line 115
  6. Andy_WeeklyDigest_CronEntry_WeeklyDigest::runWeeklyDigest()
  7. call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/Cron.php at line 357
  8. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Cron.php at line 213
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /hsphere/local/home/iiiers/mymilitia.com/admin.php at line 13

Thanks @AndyB for setting me strait , the test account is user Number not user Name

@AndyB , thanks for the great addon!
[Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) is used on my forum. The feature of this addon is groups have their own sub forums. Some groups are secret and I cannot remove them from weekly digest and secret group's threads appear in weekly digest emails visible to all members.
View attachment 140605
Is it possible to include sub forum threads notifications in weekly digest visible to members present in group only? This would be great since there are lots of groups (open) which are run in Italian, German, Russian and updates of aforementioned group sub forums will be valuable for group members only
+1

Top Bottom