Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest 3.5

No permission to download
I´d like to take the last chance in 2016 to second these suggestions:

Want to request again two features that would be this great.

1. Logo added to email
2. Ability to put an announcement at the top of the email

All small suggestion!

Is it possible to get a text area where an admin could post a few sentences, that are displayed above or below the digest?

@AndyB, a feature suggesstion if you're looking to add ...
I'd like to be able to get stats on page loads originating from the Weekly Digest email, using Google Analytics. It only takes the addition of a URL parameter at the end of the topic link URL. For example,
https://site.com/threads/title.231445/
... to become ...
https://site.com/threads/title.231445/?utm_source=WeeklyDigest

The utm_source value could be added as a field within ACP, and if it contains a value then it's appended to the thread (and unsubscribe) URL's.

Ref: https://ga-dev-tools.appspot.com/campaign-url-builder/
Andy, any chance to have this included? I know you haven´t built this digest to feature a newsletter thing with manual input. But I guess in the meantime it´s obvious, that many here would love to have an optional and shortend opportunity for at least a text-field and a logo. Come on, dude..please ;)

Btw: have a great new years eve, all of you!

One more for me.
Every upgrade I've to apply these code modification

Code:
Open File: addon-WeeklyDigest_v2.2.xml

Search:
<entry entry_id="WeeklyDigest" cron_class="Andy_WeeklyDigest_CronEntry_WeeklyDigest" cron_method="runWeeklyDigest" active="1"><![CDATA[{"day_type":"dow","dow":["6"],"hours":["13"],"minutes":["0"]}]]></entry>

Change with:
<entry entry_id="WeeklyDigest" cron_class="Andy_WeeklyDigest_CronEntry_WeeklyDigest" cron_method="runWeeklyDigest" active="1"><![CDATA[{"day_type":"dow","dow":["1"],"hours":["04"],"minutes":["0"]}]]></entry>

Open File library/Andy/WeeklyDigest/CronEntry/WeeklyDigest.php

Search:
$dateline = time() - (86400 * 30);

Change with:
$dateline = time() - (86400 * 3600);

Can you please (please, please, please) add an admin option for this cron setup?

Thanks and happy new year @AndyB (y)

Please provide an option to change or eliminate the number of days since users have logged in. My forum is new and small and I want people to keep receiving the email even if they haven't logged in to encourage them to participate. I really like your digest but this option would be so helpful!!

Thanks!

Does anyone know what this means? I get these errors in the Server Error Log every time the Weekly Digest goes out. It looks like it is for every email address. It acts like it does not send the emails but I do see my own email in this log and I do receive the email.

Zend_Mail_Transport_Exception: Email to example@gmail.com failed: Unable to send mail. mail(/var/log/php_maillog) [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied - library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Sendmail.php:137
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 12:05 AM

Hi Andy -

Thanks for the add-on(s).

Could I ask for a feature request:
Exclude certain groups from digest. I have some groups who should not be emailed at all.

Many thanks
Crispin

Hi @AndyB I am upgrading my install of this one but when I want to import the XML file on an upgrade I get this error

Code:
Developer: option_value is not a valid array (weeklyDigestExcludeForums)

Great add-on!

I would also like to edit the email template to make it a bit more personal.
It would be nice to have the option to use $username in the email intro and to have the ability to add some kind of description.

For example:

Hello $username,

Here's our weekly update of the most popular topics on our board....

I would also like to edit the email template to make it a bit more personal.
It would be nice to have the option to use $username in the email intro and to have the ability to add some kind of description.

For example:

Any thoughts on this? :)

Hey Andy, have you heard of any other reports of the Weekly Digest crashing the database on the day it is run? It has happened twice to me. Once two weeks ago, and once this morning.

Another thing I noticed is in the Cron, it is set to run at 1300, but it says it's going to run at 0800. Not sure if this is an issue or not. Below are some images of these two different times.

fdsfds.webp
ddssa.webp

Another thing I noticed is in the Cron, it is set to run at 1300, but it says it's going to run at 0800. Not sure if this is an issue or not. Below are some images of these two different times.
Because of your server time.
Your server time is -5 hours.
So if you want something to execute on 14 hours, you need to setup cron on 19:00 hours.

Or setup your server time to match your real time

For the past two months my digests have been stuck. They contain the same threads over and over. I even tried reinstalling the addon and today the digest went out and contained the same threads as the previous couple months.

Does this also dictate the range in threads? I was using it to send to those members who visited the past 3 months.
$dateline = time() - (86400 * 90);

Last edited:
Top Bottom