XF 1.2 Watched threads by email inconsistent

My staff and myself are seeing very few threads and replies being emailed to us... even if it is watched. I believe that it only sends the "next" reply but I believe that if I go to What's New and see 6 threads, I should have received 6 emails with the next reply in each of those. I am seeing virtually no watched topics, maybe 1 email every few days, almost at random.

1) Is there a cron job that takes care of watched thread emails? I am not seeing in the 11 cron jobs one that specifically is charged with that task. If there is, can someone give me the config details or name?

2) Is there a log somewhere that records emails sent? I checked error log and it is clear.

Thanks!
Rick

Understood. But I *am* visiting them. Example:

Day 1: reply to 6 different topics.
Day 2: No watched threads come in, go to What's New and see that there are replies in those topics. Reply myself or read. What's New shows no new.
Day 3: Get one email for one topic reply. Go to What's New and see 3-4 topics where there were replies, topics I am watching, but did not get an email alert.

That feels broken/inconsistent to me.

My fellow admin really misses the ExpressionEngine feature where she would be emailed ALL new messages in any forum, new topics or replies. For me, we at least need/want emails on the watched topics to consistently arrive.

Thanks!

Rick

The system definitely works so it could be a problem with emails being sent by your forum or you receiving them.

Check the mail logs on the server and your spam folder.

Does your host/email provider limit emails per hour/day?

It's a VPS dedicated server with no email limits (we typically send/receive 40K+ emails a day on this server, and the forum and email server are on the same IP address). I guess I'll have to do more testing on my side.

Do you know if the emails are generated by a XF cron job, or as part of the reply/posting process? If so, which cron?

Thanks,
Rick

Top Bottom