1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replying to PC Notices (by email)

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by gordy, Mar 23, 2012.

1. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

I have some members who reply by email to a PC notification they receive one in their email client.

The ACP reply-to is set to an email address that I check and I get many messages from members unwittingly email-replying. Is there a macro that can be used to send to the intended recipient(member)?

How do you other admins handle these? Anyone have a good boilerplate response or email template that clearly directs them to click on the link inside the email body? (the font and text-decoration doesn't look very 'link-like' in the email, for new or foreign members)

Thank you

ArnyVee likes this.
  2. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

I just have an auto-response setup that states that this is an un-monitored inbox and all replies should be made on the website/forum.

ArnyVee and gordy like this.
  3. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Ah! good idea, thank you (y)

4. ArnyVee

ArnyVee Well-Known Member

I was going to ask this same question. So, the email address that I should set the auto-response to the "Contact Email Address" in the "Options: Basic Board Information" screen? If so, that would mess with those using the 'contact us' for advertising requests or other information regarding the site.

Suggestions?

5. DBA

DBA Well-Known Member

Those are two different options. Incoming email is under the Basic Board Information options page. The outgoing is under the Email options.

I have all incoming mail sent to admin@example.com and all outgoing mail sent via no_reply@example.com. Plus I have bounces sent to bounce@example.com.

gordy and ArnyVee like this.