Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
@Xon: We have the ability to change warning points/points expiry disable. Our custom warning defaults to 1 and 1, however, when it gets applied it's 0 and n/a. Other warning defaults under this add-on seem to be working fine.

@Xon: We have the ability to change warning points/points expiry disable. Our custom warning defaults to 1 and 1, however, when it gets applied it's 0 and n/a. Other warning defaults under this add-on seem to be working fine.
Do you have [th] warnings installed (previously by Waindigo), or any other add-on which touches warnings?

Can you try running the following SQL to add the database record?
Code:
SET SESSION sql_mode='STRICT_ALL_TABLES,NO_AUTO_VALUE_ON_ZERO';
insert into xf_warning_definition
 (warning_definition_id,points_default,expiry_type,expiry_default,extra_user_group_ids,is_editable)
 values
(0,1, 'months',1,'',1);
SET SESSION sql_mode='STRICT_ALL_TABLES';

The middle statement should error if the record actually exists.

Do you have [th] warnings installed (previously by Waindigo), or any other add-on which touches warnings? Can you try running the following SQL to add the database record?
I believe I used to (but no more, and no other warning add-ons), and it does error. "Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'"

I believe I used to (but no more, and no other warning add-ons), and it does error. "Duplicate entry '0' for key 'PRIMARY'"
What XenForo version?

Can you send me a screenshot of your add-on list and warnings? And what it looks like when you try to edit the custom warning?

What XenForo version?

Can you send me a screenshot of your add-on list and warnings? And what it looks like when you try to edit the custom warning?
Running 1.5.5(a).

Add-ons: 4 custom that have nothing to do with warnings, Add-On Install & Upgrade, Change Thread Starter, Conversation Essentials, Prefix Forum Listing, Trophies by Waindigo, Warning Improvement, Xen Notices. As mentioned we did use Warning by Waindigo at one point.

Editing the custom warning looks like editing any other warning while using your add-on, and we have it set to 1 point, for 1 month. Nothing else is selected and the conversation settings are blank as we don't use conversations on warnings.

Thanks,

@Hardcore Is there a common browser type?

Can you hit "F12" in your browser can load the pop-up an issue warning page and check for any javascript errors? And then do the same if you open the warn link in a new page?

@Hardcore Is there a common browser type?

Can you hit "F12" in your browser can load the pop-up an issue warning page and check for any javascript errors? And then do the same if you open the warn link in a new page?
There's no error. It's simply not applying the warning points or expiration when selecting the custom warning, which is grayed out when issuing a warning (with the 1 and 1). This behavior exists with the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari and is consistently happening regardless where the warning is issued; from a post or on a profile. And no errors and the same issue when loading it into another page.

Update: If I check "Points and expiry time are editable when giving warning" the points are applied. This is unchecked for all of my other warnings and the values get applied with no issues. It's just not working for the custom warning.

Last edited:
Update: If I check "Points and expiry time are editable when giving warning" the points are applied. This is uncheck for all of my other warnings and the values get applied with no issues. It's just not working for the custom warning.
I was having trouble reproducing the error, and this allows me to reproduce it.

I should have a fix for that bug released within the next day or so.

Great to see the updates @Xon. Would be fantastic to have the PM sent from an anonymous/moderator specified account if this is simple to implement?
I'm planning on adding that sort of functionality in my Warning Improvements add-on (this one, not the Reports one) as a future improvement, but not for the next major release.

I'm planning on adding that sort of functionality in my Warning Improvements add-on (this one, not the Reports one) as a future improvement, but not for the next major release.
Sorry I got my addons confused. I have both addons on my forum and the moderating team love it so good work :D

Reactions: Xon
Xon updated Warning Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

Feature update

Note; this branch has been privately used for 5-6 months.
  • Option to log to a thread on warning.
  • Option to post a new thread or reply to a thread when a warning action triggers
  • Round warning expiries to the nearest hour
  • Display warning action changes to users.
    • Moderators can see all warning actions (and expire/delete)
    • Users will only see the longest running one.
    • Configurable on who can see actions which trigger discouragement.
Options:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon: Loving the new update. Thanks!

Any thoughts on extending the new "Anonymize As" feature to sending the conversation (if applicable)?

Top Bottom