Warning Improvements by Xon

Warning Improvements by Xon 1.7.2

No permission to download
Any thoughts on extending the new "Anonymize As" feature to sending the conversation (if applicable)?
That one requires a lot of logistics work for enabling access to the inbox/conversations of the user you are sending as.

It is something I've been thinking about, but haven't gotten the time todo due to all the new shinies.

That one requires a lot of logistics work for enabling access to the inbox/conversations of the user you are sending as.

It is something I've been thinking about, but haven't gotten the time todo due to all the new shinies.
I'd like to see anonymous PMs as well. Would save our team a lot of hassle. We don't need access to a 'user' just a generic name it can be sent from that the user can't even reply to.

Reactions: Xon
I'd like to see anonymous PMs as well. Would save our team a lot of hassle. We don't need access to a 'user' just a generic name it can be sent from that the user can't even reply to.
We created an account specifically for the anonymous Warning Alerts and just shut down access to its profile and whatnot. We'd use the same one for anonymous Warning Conversations and simply disable replying.

Reactions: Xon
Have just upgraded to 1.3.1.
I've got my "start conversation" defaulted to off, and did a test warning without changing the "Start Conversation" option (i.e. it was unticked) and a conversation was started with the warned user.

One other recommendation (do you hate me yet? :)).

Say you have both notes and conversations required, but you don't have a default conversation configured in the warning (because you want your moderators to write personalized notes themselves). They leave notes field blank by accident, type out a long, personalized conversation in the conversation box, and click the warn member button. The moderator receives the error that the required notes field is empty, click back, and his or her conversation is gone. What would it take to add a requirement check for each tab, notifying the moderator the field is empty and requiring it be filled before proceeding onto the next tab?

By the way, this add-on is mature enough that I think you ought to charge for it ;)

Say you have both notes and conversations required, but you don't have a default conversation configured in the warning (because you want your moderators to write personalized notes themselves). They leave notes field blank by accident, type out a long, personalized conversation in the conversation box, and click the warn member button. The moderator receives the error that the required notes field is empty, click back, and his or her conversation is gone. What would it take to add a requirement check for each tab, notifying the moderator the field is empty and requiring it be filled before proceeding onto the next tab?
Yeah, adding something to prevent this makes sense. I'll look into that :)

Missing phrase for this error @Xon?

Screen Shot 2016-08-05 at 5.35.08 PM.webp

When you set a non-existent user as the "Anonymise As" selection.

Last edited:
@Xon

Feature Requests
  • Allow staff members to require a user acknowledge a warning before continuing to use the site.
    • This feature would work like IP.Board and Facebook, a user would need to click a checkbox acknowledging the warning before continuing to use the site once warned. A warning type can be set to require acknowledgment, or a staff member can set it.
    • Allow a "message to user" which is not a PM, but appears in warning alerts and acknowledgment screen.
Example from IP.Board
Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 9.09.18 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 9.09.43 PM.webp Screen Shot 2016-08-07 at 9.09.52 PM.webp

Last edited:
@Xon what is the post a public warning option? What does a public warning look like? Also, could users view the warning issuer without this add-on installed?

Last edited:
@Xon what is the post a public warning option? What does a public warning look like? Also, could users view the warning issuer without this add-on installed?
The public warning option is the standard xenforo warning bar that is added to a post. All this add-on does with it, is copy the warning title into it.

@Xon

Feature Requests
  • Allow staff members to require a user acknowledge a warning before continuing to use the site.
    • This feature would work like IP.Board and Facebook, a user would need to click a checkbox acknowledging the warning before continuing to use the site once warned. A warning type can be set to require acknowledgment, or a staff member can set it.
    • Allow a "message to user" which is not a PM, but appears in warning alerts and acknowledgment screen.
Example from IP.Board
View attachment 138842 View attachment 138843 View attachment 138844
This has been implemented in the following add-on Warning Acknowledgement

What is the standard warning bar?
Using XenForo Warning system on top of the post;
Capture.webp

Top Bottom